Sunday morning blues...

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by George, Oct 30, 2005.

1. George

George Member

Hi all...
    So now we have winter time oldest daughter thought it was a
    good idea to wake up at 5.15 today. So I put her infront of the TV with a
    Video and I logged on.

For you guys that are designing etc...a pretty good link!!!

Drinking coffe by the litre right now...

Be good...
  2. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

What a nice find! I've been thinking of doing some scratch building after seeing the recent thread about scratch building from aluminum, and these markings would certainly come in handy.

I think we should compile something like the "Parts-Bin" but instead organized within it we should have useful links like this one and the website (i can't remember what it is so see this is a good idea) with numerous cockpit pictures. We could separate it into ships, planes, tanks, sci-fi, etc.... and compile tons of helpful research within each one. Rick? Would this be a possibility? Also, does anybody else think that they would even use something like this?
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I really like that idea. Information is just as valuable as anything in creating parts.
    Perhaps I could post the 3d model I've created of airwolf in the parts bin.
    I don't think I'll do the weapons loadout for it, so if the file was in the parts bin someone else could take up the project.
  4. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Sound great. I designing a part it would be helpful to see how other people have solved the same problems. It keeps one from reinventing the proverbial wheel.
    I wasn't aware of the parts bin on the earlier site.

5. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

For me it would be helpful to organize by function of part instead of by model type. My work straddles ship, airplane, animal, and science-fiction. If it is organized by part function I don't have to sort through as much. Eric's gorgious wheels would be useful for those making bicycles, motorcycles, and automobiles not just to those making airplanes. It would be easier to find them classified as wheel instead of classified as airplane.
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Sounds like a great idea to me. It would be great to have a set of resources links. Would also be nice to have our commercial links back again, too. Recovery will eventually get done, I guess, and like the Pheonix, the site will rise again in full glory.
  7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

HEheheh 5:15....How come they never want to get out at 8am for school???

Thanks for the markings link....Im still looking for the Irish Aircorp Insignia so I can edit an Zarkov F-15 E.....

We dont have F-15s would still look pretty cool???

John John