Sunday -- Do you run at home or away???

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by N Gauger, Sep 3, 2006.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Do you run or participate in operating sessions anywhere, and where?
  2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

NO. Only a temp circle of track here now for testing. Dont belong to any clubs.
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Cannot think of a good reason for me to participate in an operating session. Nothing wrong with them, they sound fun and a challenging. But I get all the fun and challenges I need making things that work and look decent.:thumb:

Uh, maybes someday after my layout is completly the way I want it to be...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  4. caellis

caellis Member

I am still working on my layout. I am now paving streets, roads however sidewalks are completed. Buildings are assembled but not all of them are completely painted or weathered. No trees, grass, etc.

So I am quite content sticking to my home layout. I can run all my trains as the layout industries are all constructed. The track is very reliable and operations are a lot of fun for me.

My layout is free lance but typical of the real railroads.

I don't anticipate joining any club. Been there and done that with other hobbies and it is just not my style. That is why I choice FREE lance!
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

I run,both at home and with the group.At this point though I don't operate.I've been to a few opps sessions around here and that ain't my kind of fun.
  6. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

Strictly a home operator. I use car cards and run until something else takes me away. I pick up where I left off next time. Layout is incomplete but I have three towns with 19 industries, so that keeps me occupied. Nearest club is a modular club that only sets up at train shows.
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I run at home onl;y too. Maybe some day I'll check out a club.
  8. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

AT home and also at The Western Reserve Model Railroad Museum.
    Home Layout

Tin Plate layout at Museum

The start of a large 25' x 60' O gauge layout at the museum
  9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

10. inkaneer

inkaneer Member

Layout? Don't need no stinkin' layout. I'm an Ntrakker. We run anywhere.
  11. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

All of my running is away at modular set ups right now. I am going to build a switching layout in a spare bedroom, but we are getting ready to do a couple of room additions to our house. It looks like I won't have a spare room until the work is completed.