Sunday 9 - 17...

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by N Gauger, Sep 17, 2006.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

If you have your own layout, where is it located
  2. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

Mine is in a 12 x 32 room I built attached to the backside of my barn. It's no longer holding up too well after 20 years; barn was built with second-hand lumber and wall is warping on me. I am going to build a new freestanding building (25 x 40 planned) next spring. Current partial layout was built with disassembly in mind.
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Our beloved is sooo understanding.:thumb:
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I'm lucky to have a 12X 20 foot space in the basement off the family room!
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

In my basement. :D
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I got lucky. When we were having our house built we got the builder to move a couple of doorways different from their standard model and I wound up with one 12' x 12' bedroom that is accessible only from my den. Nothing in it but my layout and a workbench.
  7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Mine is in my room and takes up a good amount of wall space. It is L-Shaped and the dimensions are 12' x 2.5' x 4'. It is not too big but not too small for me right now. :D :)
  8. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Hah!..Lots of you have houses over your layouts....Mines in the attic.
    I have heat and Air Conditioning. Heat in the summer...AC in the winter......
    Should of modeled a desert area, instead of the Northeast. That way the tempature up there would match the scenery.
  9. N Gauger

Mine's in the basement :) Actually mine is "Most" of the basement!!!!
  10. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

MY Ho layout is currently located on the basement.. Next summer, the above ground pool is coming out, and a LGB layout will be in the works.
  11. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

My HO layout is in the basement and the G is in the garden.
  12. N Gauger

GOOD TRADE!!!! :D :D :D
  13. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

:wave: :wave: Thanks to my wife, mine is in our 11ft X 11ft family room :thumb: :thumb:
  14. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I have a 16x18 foot room in the basement. I share it with a fireplace and my wife's Lionel layout.
  15. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I have it in my garage, which used to be the orginal dwelling on the property. They knocked out 4/5 of the wall facing the road, and now we habe a garage door! :D
  16. nolatron

nolatron Member

My previous layout back in New Orleans was 12x12 around the walls with a peninsula. Now it's a 3x6 Scenic ridge layout in my 10x10 office here in the house we're leasing in Houston.

We'll be shopping for a house in December to buy in Jan/Feb and you bit I'll be keeping an out for "train room" to use. :)

I really would like to do HO scale for my next layout, so if I can't get a decent sized in-house room, the garage will be my next train room.
  17. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

Right now, it along with a very few other things, in my mind:D , but will eventually build in a building, I have yet to get, in the back yard. Still gotta do surgery and rehab 1st:cry: , but will eventually get it done:thumb:
  18. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

It looks like the majority of the Gauge members are building their layouts in the basement.
    That's exactly where my layout is, too.

(Funny: Everybody here in Europe believes that Americans NEVER have basements below their houses!!! :D:D:D Now here's the prove that the contrary is true! :oops::rolleyes::p)

19. nolatron

nolatron Member

Coming from the South, I don't know what this... basement... is you speak of ;)