Sumpter Valley Railway items on eBay

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
I don't know if anyone is interested, but there are some unique Sumpter Valley Railway items on eBay until December 8th. For those who don't know, the Sumpter Valley Railway was a narrow gauge railroad that served the mining, logging, and cattle interests in eastern Oregon into the 1940's. (The items being auctioned are actually standard gauge) There was even some passenger traffic on the Sumpter Valley, but no passenger stuff is for sale.

I live in eastern Oregon, but they are not my era. Besides, I really do prefer N-scale now! :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
sumpter valley ry

I don't think there are all that many people interested in the SVRY.
I am in the "information gathering"phase of putting together a reasonable facimile of the Sumpter Valley during the last days of the line when the ex Uintah 2-6-6-2 s were running. I have a pair of engines, and have kitbashed one caboose. I need to build about thirty of the SVRY lumber flats. These were 36' cars and as far as I know there are no kits available. I do have a copy of "Rails,Sagebrush,and Pines", and through "Narrow gage and Shortline Gazette" I have , courtesy of Mallory Hope Ferrel, the color schemes of the road during the different periods of operation. If you, or anyone reading this can provide information about operating schedules, any other locomotives which were in use during the articulated period, information as to consists,passenger operations, etc.,etc. the info would be greatlly appreciated. At some point in the not-to-distant future, I'd like to get out to the remains of the right of way and take some pictures. I'd like to get multiple angle shots of some of the more prominent natural formations so I can a reasonably accurate model of the scene. Thanks in advance. Pete