Summer time

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paulhbell, Aug 15, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I was wondering if anyone else had a 'slow down' period over the summer. I have a build list that is about 20/25 models, but I just can't get around to building them, I keep on picking my builds up and maybe cutting one piece out, then something else turns up and I have to stop building.

Roll on winter I might get some building done.
  2. 46rob

46rob Member

Actually, as the months of August and September roll around--the hottest and most humid months here on the gulf coast--my output actually increases. The rest of the year quite nice and I lke being outdoors. the only other "indoor" period isfrom about mid-December until the end of January--our mini-winter.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I tend to get a lot less done during the summer months also.
    I really enjoy being outdoors and growing vegetables and flowers so I stay pretty busy when it's growing season.
    I still get some modeling time in but nothing compared to the cold winter months.
    That seems to be the time of year when boredom is at an all time high and with plenty of idle time to fill, the models just roll out like an assembly line!

4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Um, my speed also increases during summer simply because... It's the summer holiday!
  5. josve

josve Active Member

I have too much to do outside with fishing and mountainstuff in the summer/fall season,so not much time for modelling :)
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Summer slow down

I slow down a lot in the summer because several other things pick up for me and I'm too busy. Every now and then I spend a little time on a build, but more often I spend small bits of time working on a development project or repaint or re-scale of a model I've downloaded and want to build soon. The kind of thing I can do in 20 or 30 minute pieces.

7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I slow down whenever the kids are around... wait thats always.... darn.... ;)