Sulaco!! 3' WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 19, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

WHOOT! Thanks again Skip, for your hard work and for contributing to the community. So many good models, so little time!:thumb:
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks buddy. Not enough time more like!! LOL
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

:whip1::?:hows it coming skip?(im sure yore tired of hearing that by now) but were just so darned excited about it!
  4. Master-Bruce

The model PDF is 4.6Mb zipped. I've sent it to Chris(cgutzmer) for hosting this morning but I've not heard back from him yet.

I'm trying to get the instructions done now but I fear I'm running out of time to meet my Wednesday (self set) deadline. Though I know I'll have them done by tomorrow. Though the model isn't even up yet, so I guess I need not worry too much about it until tomorrow.

I'll try to get it done anyway.

Then have a wee break from the Sulaco and then come back and do the detail set.

I'm not so much tired of people asking about it. I'm more irritated by the fact I've let this go on for so long by stopping and starting so often. Normally I see things through without losing focus, but that hasn't happened here this time.

Oh well.
  5. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I wish I had your focus... I get sick of a design and shift to another for a while, then the

At least I've finally stopped myself from starting new ones till all the ones on my plate are done....sign1
  6. Master-Bruce

That's my problem. I always get pulled into a new one, yet still trying to finish the old one. To the point my plate is so full I get swamped. LOL

I've been pretty good at not getting bored of a project this year though. That only happens with my builds not my designs.

I'm almost clear again now though, ready to focus on the Batmobiles and BumbleBee next year. :)
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ummmm..... could you please tell me how you stopped yourself? please?
  8. OylPslyk

lol, if I could figure that out - then I could figure a way around it.... so im not gonna think on it too hard!:mrgreen:
  9. Master-Bruce

LOL. What get bored? Well I was fortunate enough that people here seemed really keen on the models I was working on. I didn't want to dissapoint by dumping a project. I think the only one I've done that with was the Matrix APU, but that was down to having a rethink on it. The model I dropped for now through boredom was the 1701-E Engineering model.

I've been lucky enough to think of some people pleasers this year and the comments by other have kept me going. The only model that hasn't got a great reception is the Lazy Town airship. Not complaining though, can't please them all. I kept at that one through my own enjoyment. I just didn't get bored there. I can't wait to build that and see my kids faces when they have Sportacus' flying around their room. :)

Last year when I was scratcgbuilding plastic(sorry) models, I got bored all the time, they take so much longer to do. Paper is definitely better.
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well ifor one wish you would resurect the enterprise a bridge.(hint,hint)
  11. Master-Bruce

Damn it!! I knew there were more. Oh well, maybe I haven't been as good as I've been telling myself then. LOL :)
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You've been doing a magnificent job. I can't believe how much you've gotten done. Really! When I came back and saw all of the work you've put out.....Wow! The Refit bridge would be cool, but don't overload yourself.
  13. OylPslyk

You might just see one of those sooner than you might have thought...:twisted::twisted::twisted:
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OOOOOO my ears just perked up!:mrgreen:
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

bday1...i mean balloon6
  16. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey skup hows it going havent heard from ya in about a day still working on the sulaco??
  17. Master-Bruce

I'm finalising the instructions. The model still isn't up yet though for some reason. I'll look into that.

Won't be long.
  18. Master-Bruce

Ok, For some reason, Chris didn't get my email with the model file. Maybe a spam filter thing??

Any,I've resent it with a better subject title so it gets through and I've done the instruction sheets!! Woohoo!

Look for it in the downloads section soon. It just needs to be uploaded by Chris.
  19. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Well done Skip, congrats on finishing another awesome project. :thumb:

I'm looking forward to next year when i eventually get around to building this puppy in all it's glory with the extra details etc. I'm thinking I may have to add some lights. :D

Lol, I haven't even started my tumbler yet and I'm already starting to plan my Sulaco build :D
  20. Master-Bruce

Here's a little sneaky peaky at the detail set I'm doing for this model. I don't think this will take too long to do from my end. The trickiest part is showing you all where they all go. Not so much for the larger sections like what you see here, more for the small areas like say the antennae.

Anyway, I'm just passing some time so I thought I'd show what I've done. There's more but I'll wait untilI make a concentrated effort on it in the new year.