Sulaco!! 3' WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Toaster

Toaster New Member

One of the models missing from the marines arsenal is the heavy infantry support cannon that features prominently in the movie.Looks like it is based on an MG42.train97
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Do you mean the smart gun? The one that is fixed to it's user by a harness? Yeah, that's a mean weapon that.

ARMORMAN Guest

....and it was based on a '42.....THe robot sentry guns in the director's cut are wicked as well....
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

MG42 for the smartgun and Thompsons for the M41a pulse rifle.

2 WW2 weapons. Curious huh?
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

No more curious than a Sterling sub-machinegun being used as the E-11 in Star Wars. :)

What's really curious is when the Sulaco appears in the Rag-Tag Fleet in Battlestar Galactica.
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

mg-42 was used in starwars also. as well as the infamous broom handled mauser.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Yeah, I know. one of my other hobbies is replica prop-building, though my current collection is still at 0. Still, I want to do that pistol Luke force-pulled from that goon's holster in RotJ. It's made from a German air-pistol that I believe is still being manufactured. The rest of the components I'll scratchbuild. Eventually. Maybe within the next. . .oh I dunno. . .millennium, maybe?
  8. Master-Bruce

When? I've heard that but not seen it myself. I have season 1-3 on DVD so I'd like to go back and see for myself.
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Not sure what episode, but in it a Raptor docks with the Gemenon Traveller to take Starbuck there for some reason, I think. I don't know, it's been a while. I found a screenshot of what I'm talking about, though:

You can see the Sulaco right above the Battlestar Defender in the upper right-hand corner of the image.
  10. Master-Bruce

I know the one. She goes there to interrogate a Cylon. Leoben. I think that's season 1, one of the last episodes of the season.
  11. Master-Bruce

Ok, I'm half way through numbering the parts now. Shouldn't be too much longer before the base model is released.

I've also made a start on the additional parts for the second file. The detail parts.
  12. bounce7balloon6 Yea!!!!
  13. Master-Bruce

Didn't do anything today but I will be tonight. Try to get it ready for say Wednesday? Then I'll aim to have the detail pack before Christmas.
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Chewie's Bowcaster - FG42
    Stormtrooper Longgun - MG34
  15. Master-Bruce

I've got the parts numbered now. Half of the instruuction images are done too. I think I'm on target to release this tomorrow. Then follow up with the detail parts shortly after.

Instructions are the part I hate, but they're getting there. :)
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Outstanding! Can't wait. WHOOT! I know you've has this in the back of your mind for some time, it looks great. Keep on Trekkin! This reminds me yet again to get card stock!
  17. Master-Bruce

That's right, I forgot you and I discussed this over a year ago!! Damn,time sure flies eh?

Well, at least it's finally happening now though.
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You should find a spray bomb of dark blue and give it a few very light coats and then dry brush the edges and then paint some minor details.

Bob's your uncle.
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

To quote Steve Miller.... "Time keeps on slippen, slippen...into the future......

Well, You've done a fine job. I can't believe how far you've come on so many projects. Trek on Dude!:thumb:

20. Master-Bruce

Almost done with instructions now. God I really hate doing these! But they're needed. :)

I'll have them done by tonight, so I'm going to upload the model file after posting this.