Sulaco!! 3' WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 19, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Sorry buddy. I'm dial-up so I couldn't view the video. Too slow.
  3. OylPslyk

I'll email it to ya, its a us-army exosuit, yes a real freakin life robotic exosuit:eek::eek::eek:
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Sorry to go off topic, but that just totally ROCKS! Thanks for that Dan!
  5. Master-Bruce

It's another prime example of how movies inspire the real world and it's technology.
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Absolutely. So manu images went through my mind with that video. The power loader, Robo-Cop, the T-1000 are only a few that sprang to mind. Then of course I thought of "Rock Em Sock Em Robots." LOL!

ARMORMAN Guest

8. Master-Bruce

Oh I downloaded those last year for my scratchbuild. Thanks though. :) They're great shots.
  9. montagonfire

montagonfire New Member

That was cool. Consider that link officially bookmarked.
  10. OylPslyk

one of the "future concepts" at the end of the video even LOOKS like Robo-Cop!

(them guys REEEEALY need to start working my gosh-dang flying car next)sign1
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Those reference photos are what I was looking for. I couldn't remember what site it was. lol.

Notice the lateral engines with blast marks from their use?

I think texuturing will make or break this interesting project.

I have a Colonial Marines reference book which shows training, vehicles, equipment, strategy, tactics and foes of the Colonial marines. It took a while to dig it out.

Nothing in it will help develope what you already have except to add a glimpse into how the unit is deployed.
  12. Master-Bruce

The Colonial Marines Technical Manual? Have that too. :)

I think this will look very nice as is, no weathering. I may release a clean non weathered version when the base textures are done. Then continue to work on them and later release a dirty version.

I'm still working on the textures. Got some more areas done lastnight. Plenty more to do yet though.

That offer for a beta build is still open by the way.
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

um you can count me in on that beta build!!
  14. Master-Bruce

Outstanding! I'll email you the link to the file later tonight. An hour or so? Need to eat! :)
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I'd offer to do a beta, but I think I've already got to much on.

I'll be watching though. Looking forward to seeing this done.
  16. Master-Bruce

Oh I think so! :) That internal support work is hardcore enough let alone the outer skin.

Good luck with the Enterprise buddy. ;)
  17. do you still need beta builders? If so I would like to help.
  18. Master-Bruce

Sure, you'll make three builders. :) I'll PM you the link too in the morning. I need some shut-eye now.

19. Master-Bruce

I know it's been a week since I posted anything here. I just wanted to let you guys know it's still being worked on. I slowed down for a while to finish off a BSG ship, plus with the beta build ongoing, I wanted to make sure nothing needed fixing first.

I'll have something soon.
  20. Master-Bruce

I've been thinking. I mentioned a little while ago that I'd do a model of the Powerloader.

I don't think I'll be doing that now. After seeing some pics of the one that's already available, it's a damn fine model and doesn't need another one out there.

Paulhbell. As you know I got your plastic kit for reference for this. As I'm not doing it now, do you want me to ship it back?