Sulaco!! 3' WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

A friend of mine who works in the Shearwater Aviation Museum.
  2. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

In spite of me not to like a lot of the design of Sulaco, as model is very interesting. Excellent idea and work...
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks Gomi, I know it's not for everyone but I like it. :)
  4. samhain

samhain New Member

I just found the model I want to hang in my cubicle at work... I can't wait for you to finish this model. I was thinking of learning how to unfold using this ship, but I decided to work on a 3 foot trident submarine first.

Can someone point me to the big Roger Young model? I would love to build that in the near future.
  5. Master-Bruce

I don't have the link handy but it's in the Science Fiction section here. Look for the Roger Young Beta thread. There's a link on the last page that leads to the beta version download. :)

I'm unfolding the Sulaco still! Cleaning it up and getting rid of unnecessary parts. Then I'll post a preview of the parts just before I make a start on texturing it.

I hope to get it done before Christmas. :)
  6. Master-Bruce

Unfolding now done!

All the unfolding is done now. :)

Now the real work begins in texturing this. I'll release this in too versions other than size. In Aliens, the "SULACO" name is black, but in Alien3, it's white. A minor thing but some have their preferences and it's easy enough to do. :)

For the small version, there's some really REALLY small parts so be warned!!
  7. Master-Bruce

Ok. There's been a change of plan. I'm no longer going to do two different size versions. After scaling the unfolded parts up to give 3' length, it became clear that alot of the parts were too big for A4 paper.

So now, you're getting a 70cm model(little over 27"). Because of this I'll just do the one size. Maybe I'll go back and do a resized smaller version later.

This 70cm model takes up 25 pages of A4 alone, plus another three pages for support parts. Because of this new size, no-one will encounter the really small parts I mentioned before.

Back later on. :)
  8. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Bring It on Skip asap!

9. Master-Bruce

Hey Tom,

I lied, it's an extra 6 pages for support parts. :) LOL So the model is 31 pages in total.

Tom,if you like I can have a working "UNTEXTURED" test model ready by the end of the day if you'd like to test build this?

I put the emphesis on untextured because it is totally blank except for fold lines and two parts that have prelim textures on them. I know a plain white model isn't as appealing but the offer's there. :) I'll just need to edit some parts, copy and paste a few more (I got a little lazy unfolding multiple identicle parts. LOL), and maybe get some part numbers on there.

I make this offer to the first 3 people who PM me. Please, be sure you'd want to see it through though. :) I'd like to see how it actually goes together. It should go together without prior testing but it'd be good to know for sure.

I'll leave it to you guys.

Off to start texturing!!
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hey skip
    dont worry too much with the 2 size thing. ill print mine 2 sheets per page or more to get the size i whant.

ARMORMAN Guest

Think you could post a final in US letter as well?
  12. Master-Bruce

Yeah, can do. :) I'll have two versions for US and the rest of the world, that's no trouble.

Thanks Nothing. I know you'll do a great job on this. ;)

I now have the sheets laid out ready for texturing. They'll be high res, each sheet is some 2000+ x4000+ pixels. Should give nice clean prints when ready.
  13. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

now that this ones about wrapped up, ever though about doing the powerloader?

I've been waiting for the one one the alienspapercraft site to be finished with re-designing for FOREVER!!!!! lol
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

theres already a very good detailed power loader out there. i dont know the link but i have it.
  15. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

no this is a different one.
  17. Master-Bruce

Oyl, there's a Powerloader from another source. It is really detailed, lots of parts. It's from the same place that did the high detailed Lambda Class Shuttle (Shuttle Tyderium). You know the one?? It has the internal support frame and folding wings?

I know Jan's been redsigning the Dropship for what seems like an eternity. I'd love to have that. I've started designing my own a while back but halted it as I didn't want to step on any toes.

WWW.KONRADUS.COM - FORUM MODELARZY KARTONOWYCH - [relacja] Caterpillar P-5000 powerloader [do pobrania z SZUFLADEK] Here's a thread concerning the Powerloader. The guy that designed it is the guy who owns the domain and forum there I think. May lead to the model?

I'll try to find the proper link for you.

ARMORMAN Guest

I have the model. PM me.
  19. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looking good skip. You are one busy guy.
  20. Master-Bruce

Thanks Paul. Yeah it keeps me out of trouble. ;)

I've been busy all day with this and that so I've not managed to start texturing yet. Just managed to get the sheets ready, copy and paste mising parts(the identicle ones I mentioned earlier). So it is ready to go into the paint booth!

Tomorrow it is then.