Sulaco!! 3' WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 19, 2007.

1. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

skip you are awsome i just wish i could design my gundams the way you do your models they are really impressive. aliens is one of my favorites from the whole alien legacy and have been waiting for a sulacu from jans site aswell, and 3 foot long i cant wait. keep up the goodwork.
    ps i may ask for help and advice from you son if its ok.

ARMORMAN Guest

the funny thing is, this was originally a pulse rifle design submitted by Syd Mead....
  3. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

i am ready to download and test build the model............
  4. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Yesssss! Fantastic. I'll be wanting one of these. Nice mesh.
  5. montagonfire

montagonfire New Member

My first post here from a link friend sent. I had to register to look at the jpgs and this looks awesome! Am I understanding that this kit will be made available through you? I'm also frustrated at the tiny Sulaco kit that was offered up by Halcyon years back. This is exciting. I actually always hoped someone would do the Syd Mead Yamato 2520 "Yamato" as well. A really nice re-interpretation by Mr. Mead. The kit was roughly the same size as the Sulaco model.

Attached Files:

6. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Awesome choice skip... if anything can drag me away from movie cars, this is it... :D
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

The SULACO!!!! Man, I played Halo awhile back and the human ships in them looked so familiar to me, and I just couldn't place where I'd seen a similar design. How could I have forgotten the Sulaco!? Anyway, awesome looking model. Someday I'll have to make it, as well as that huge Rodger Young and Gearz's Galactica, just to scare people when they enter my house! :twisted:

ARMORMAN Guest

Eric, is that you?

9. montagonfire

montagonfire New Member

Dude..I didn't notice that was your sketch! Yes it is I. How'd you like the blueprints of the "Spinner?"
  10. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I'll be sure to add support to the large empty areas that may need it then. It's no problem.

No site, no donations. Thanks very much for the kind gesture though. :) All my models are free, kind of a thank you for all the models I've had for free over the years. This is fun for me, it a 50/50 toss up between fun building and fun designing.

All I ask is for pictures of the finished builds. Gives me a kick to see something I created built by someone else. :)

Cheers Nothing!! ;)

rlc321, no worries. If I can help, I will. ;) To be honest, I've tried Gundams and never get them right so I take my hat off to you sir. I'm still a novice really. Ships like this I can do no bother but anything with comples curves, and I find myself crying for my mummy! LOL!

Montagonfire, This will be available for download here and probably John Leslie's site too. John's helped me in the past and I like having my models there. It will be free and come in various sizes to suit all. ;) As for that Yamato, I really like it!! Very nice, I may come back to you for more pics of that someday. ;)

Paragon, An intergalctic fleet baring down on your guests? A perfect welcome I'd say! :)

Thanks for all the comments, feedback and compliments guys!! I'm really pleased that you are keen on this one.

I'll have more pics later. Off to have a strong cup of coffee now. ;)
  11. Master-Bruce

Ok. Had several cups of coffee and I was off again!

I have the guns done now. They looks a little simple but this is with the small version in mind. For the big one I'll have little extras that will add onto this existing part. Give them more grunt!

I think I just have the forward array and some internal supports and that's it! I may add some odd details here and there for the areas where it looks a little plain.

I'm looking forward to texturing this but I'm dreading it too. I can see how I want it to look, but just hope I can pull it off.

Here's some pics:

12. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

This looks excellent, can't wait to see more pics. Keep up the great work.
  13. Master-Bruce

Ask and ye shall recieve!

I've done the mesh now. All other detail will be flat panels for the large version which I'll do post unfold. Now to unfold the beast! :)

Thanks for the compiment!
  14. Master-Bruce

I had forgot to add the internal supports when I posted my last.

They're done now and I'm unfolding the Sulaco before texturing it.

The supports are simple boxes that get built prior to it's corresponding outer shell. The model should be solid enough without them but it was suggested earlier to have them so they're there now. :) Just to be safe.

ARMORMAN Guest

Welcome aboard, dude! Yep, I got the plans and love 'em! Thanks for the send (I did call and leave a message as well).

All, Just a little info on montagonfire. He is a designer in the movie/TV industry and was a model builder on several movies/shows including the last Alien film (not AVP) and Titanic.
  16. Master-Bruce

That's cool! Welcome aboard indeed! Alien Resurrection eh? Any other Scifi?

You may be able to help me. :) Did you do any work on the Betty and the Aurora(I think it was called that)? I'd like to design them for paper one day.

I know Gearz is doing the Betty but he's said it'll be slow. Plus he's recently had PC trouble and has possibly lost 9Gb of stuff! Any help there would be great!!

Anyway, a warm welcome from me. :)
  17. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I can't remember now if Gearz and I discussed the Sulaco or the Nostromo...I think it must have been the Nostromo....
  18. Master-Bruce

I'd like to do that one too. Not enough hours in a day! :)

ARMORMAN Guest

Nostromo's on my list
  20. Master-Bruce

It would make a nice model. Plus, the boxy design should make it pretty paper friendly.