Suggestions needed!

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Hi, since I made some small adjustments to my layout I now have a small space for wich I'm not sure with what to fill with. I was thinking of a Scrapyard, or an old/dismanteled car deposit, something similar to this one from Woodland Scenics:

http://www.woodlandscenics.com/images/s130b.jpg

The problem is this one is in HO scale and I don't seem to find anything like this in N Scale.

Does anyone known some kit like this in N Scale?
Does anyone have any other suggestions to this space?

Here it is a photo from the space I'm talking about:

Attachments

• 29112003_a.jpg
    29112003_a.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 349

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Uhmmmm,...

...my immediate attention goes to a parking lot so there's a way to get to the facility. Unless of course your railroad people "hoof" it in from aways away way????

There could be perhaps a "couple" necking in a far slot off- you know- after hours romance, afternoon delight, breaktime kissy-poo (a brakeman who's hot for the dispatcher and her velvety voice)- but I definetly see a parking lot to get to work (for all the above reasons- or not).

Mark [ confused ]

As a matter of fact I think that guy hanging out on his deck is just waiting so he can catch a glimpse.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I'm with the group here...parking lot. Maybe add a small yard office to go with the engine house? I like the greenary on the roof of that house and the flowers are a nice touch too!
Ralph

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Thanks to everyone!

Well nothing like asking for suggestions to see the light, the parking lot idea is prety obvious but for some unknown reason it never ocurred to me :)

Thanks also for the ideas of the Railroad Cafe and the office, I once saw a small cafe that was made of an old Railroad wagon, but since there isn't any kit to build this and my Scratch and Batch abillities aren't that good I think I'll have to pass this idea and find some small kits that suit the parking lot.

Ralph: The greenary was accidental, I was spraying the ground and some grass fell on the roof, but as you can see I left it there, it's not the first time something I do wrong becomes one of the most interesting things in the layout, and I'm prety sure that I'm not alone :)

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Some progress!

Well not much, but I have to confess that I like to take this slowly so that it lasts longer, for me the most interesting part in model railroading is the construction. So here it goes a little progress, as sugested I will do a parking lot a small "café", but that's in the future :)

Attachments

• 14012004.jpg
    14012004.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 236

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Almost done!

Well the parking lot is underway, I know the coal mine space is not that big but it's all they could afford, yes real estate prices are getting higher everyday in my layout :)

Attachments

• 010404_1.jpg
    010404_1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 157

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Something is missing!

Well the "Café" idea is still in the planing stages, I have a car with a caravan that I could scratch to a small portable Cafe, let's see if that is possible.

Attachments

• 010404_3.jpg
    010404_3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 149

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Sorry, Nelson, I just noticed your location.

Here in Canada we have trucks like large vans. In the back the owners install deep fryers and refrigerators. The sell French Fied Potatos, what the British call "Chips". Sort of a lunch wagon. The customer comes up to a window in the side of the truck and places the order for food.

The following site has a photo:

http://www.dramatispersonae.org/DesignEconomics/HoneyBsTaskTimes.htm

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Have you already tried the Vollmer catalogue, Nelson?

They have some spectacular trailers, just adaptable to those "Hot-Dog" and ("Pita-Shoarma") we see in our roads... why not try it? If you need the Vollmer catalogue, let me know it, since I must bring it from you know where....

:D :D