Suggestion for "Photo of the week"

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Oct 12, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I dont know if everyone has seen this yet or not, but take a look at Saskos Mi 28 Havoc. Its a beautiful piece of work. And I know that we dont normally "vote" on the Photo of the week, but, I do think its time we change it. No disrespect to orions halftrack, but this model of the havoc is beautiful.

Lemme know what ya'll think.

Greg aka GW
  2. dhanners

dhanners Member

It's got my vote. Great work!
  3. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I vote Sasko's model as well!
  4. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

I second GEEDUBBYA's suggestion!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I just wanted to say that I know we dont usually submit suggestions in this fashion. However, with all the members we have, we do have some very nice looking models that pass thru the pages and are sometimes overlooked.
    I am just curious as to everyones thoughts on maybe a new "section" in the forums list that would allow "nominations" for photo of the week wcich would be submitted by the "body" of the members.
    It would be something that could be posted to regularly and the "photo of the week" could be decided abit more regularly. Nominations might be made on a monday, and from response to any such nominations, a new photo of the week could be posted maybe the following Friday, then the process would start over the following Monday with the new photo replacing the previous one on the following Friday.
    I know that this will involve more work for the admin. staff here, which is why I Prefaced this with "I am just curious as to everyones thoughts......."
    Anyway, thats all I got to say about that lol (in my best Forrest gump voice).

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I like the Harrier................this guy has made some fantastic models!
  7. possm_23

possm_23 Guest think i agree with geedubbya.....scary huh?....but i concurr...or somethin like that......time for a
  8. rjm

rjm Member

"Photo of the week"

How about a list of "Blue lined" nominations on Saturday
    so we could look at them all at once and vote on our
    choice any time before the next Saturday? Bob

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I just saw where "photo of the week" might be done abit differently than it is now and made the suggestion. As to how it might be carried out....well thats where ya'll come in lol......Group participation.
    Whatever is come up with is fine with me, I just like to get ppl to thinking.

have a good day,

greg aka Gw
  10. possm_23

possm_23 Guest

Are we gonna get a new model of the week??????just curious
  11. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Yeh, I think it is time to let this truck go and post a nice looking plane:)!!!!
  12. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi to everyone .... Yes, and no disrespect intended; but, the Photo of the Week has been there for longer than a week! A change of view maybe refreshing...Thanks

13. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I do think it would be nice to change the photo of the week every week :smile: , but as I recall there used to be a gallery where everyone would upload their photos or finished builds from which to choose the photo of honor; last time I checked the gallery is STILL not working (at least those photos I "uploaded" have not yet been "approved"; not that anything I uploaded should be considered, mind you, just saying I'm still waiting to see a gallery created here), so I wonder from where will the photos be pulled? Is there a new thread that I missed showing the potential honorees?

There are a few photos that have been posted from time to time of some great builds, but perhaps there should be a single spot to post the photos for consideration, just to be sure some one who submitted a separate photo elsewhere is not left out...such a thing used to be called a "gallery", but, well, I repeat myself.... ;-)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Jim,

No, no galleries yet, I had just seen the model and thought it would be a nice one to replace the halftrack, but, the harrier model is also nice, (both by the same person). Like I said in my last post in this thread, I just wanted to get ppl thinking.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  15. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

I think it'd be nice if there were a way to nominate photos for "Photo of the Week." Lots of great stuff comes and goes on the threads, and if there were some way of casting "votes" and then tabulating them at the end of each week it'd be alright by me.
  16. Peter H

Peter H Member

Food for though.......

Someone tries hard, a few fuzzy edges here, a not so straight fold there and maybe and air intake on sideways. As I see it he hasn't got a chance for photo of the week.

To see an imaculate model provides two outcomes, you dream that you want to do models like that or you wonder what people think of your model photos with a baseline set at the current standard "model of the week".

Me, I don't care but thats me.

Peter H
  17. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

It's got my vote. It looks fantastic.