Sudden Stop/Faulty Camera

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Bob Collins, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Thought you all might be interested to see the results of a sudden stop and what happened to my heavyweights. Of course it could be an illusion caused by the way I hold the camera too:)

Bob

Attached Files:

2. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

That's what happens when you make your mother-in-law sit in the very back.
  3. Bob Collins

Several months ago I asked folks on here what was the story regarding "Oscar" and Piker". Turns out it was a tongue in cheek deal brought out by Walthers years ago and reintroduced again more recently.

Well, these are my Oscar and Piker. They appear to add a lot of class to my otherwise classless and nameless railroad construction efforts! Well, at least they add some color:D

Bob
  4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

I want some!

Bob,

Where can I order some! They look as if they'll handle my tight curves better than the long passenger cars I've got!:rolleyes:
  5. Bob Collins

Hi Woodie;

Is the smoke beginning to clear out down your way yet? Sure hope so.

If you are serious you can order Oscar and Piker right out of the Walther Catalog(ue). I got mine for Christmas cus I asked for them. Thought they would make interesting conversation pieces.

I think I have finally gotten my head on straight and have gotten back to work on my layout. In a couple of weeks it will have been a year that I have been working off and on. For a farly long spell it was on, but lately it has been more off. If I could just somehow get a better understanding of some of the aspects of the wiring which seems to be my downfall. I look at the back of a DPDT switch and haven't the foggiest notion how to connect it up correctly. I've looked at some of the wiring diagrams here on the Academy part of the Guage and it just doesn't register for me. Hopefully a friend here can get me straightened out. If I can get that and then my control panel constructed I really think I'll be on the down hill side.

My wife and I are taking off for a week in sunny Mexico at the end of this week and maybe my head will have cleared by then and I can get some brain cells working again!

Bob
  6. billk

billk Active Member

DPDT switches

Bob - Here's two diagrams. The top one shows how the terminals look on the switch (at least the ones I've used). The second shows how the circuits run internally. The terminals are color-coded the same in both. I've connected them as a reversing switch. Hope this helps.
    Bill K
  7. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

The Housatonic and Cayuga has both the Oscar and Piker in Pullman Green lettered for the road as official business cars. Of course, they just sit in the yard, because they have nowhere to go (yet).
  8. Bob Collins

Bill K.

Thanks very much for the diagram. I'll print it off and study it and see if I can figure it all out. I just know that once my dim lightbulb comes on it will be a snap, but this one has me baffled. And yes, it is for a reverse loop that I need the help.

Again, many thanks, I appreciate it.

Bob
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's how to wire a reverse loop and also being able to use two controllers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]