abe.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks folks!

ding chavez said:
is all that weathering done by airbrush? and on the trucks too?

in any case, it looks spectacular.

Yes and no.

The wheels are brush painted. The trucks are either brush painted on RTR stuff and airbrush painted a solid charcoal gray on kits. They are then dry brushed with various colors. The cars are weathered in various ways. I dry brush streaks and rust. They are covered with washes. As a final thing the bottom of the cars including the wheels and trucks are airbrushed.

I am currently working on articles for weathering wheels and trucks. When they are done I’ll post information on them.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
It's been 25 years since I worked loadout but, well I'm sorry but I'say every car on that train is overloaded . Damn nice modeling Tom!!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Wasn't that a Rolling Stones lyric? "What a drag it is getting coal" ? Can't believe I just wrote that! :) Great shots on another roll by Tom! That dusty crummy at the end is a nice final touch. I miss them!
Ralph

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Ohhh... quick!!! here comes another one!! **fumbles in bag for camera**

Damn thing's not turned on... **fumbles with on/off knob**

be quick.... focuses... zooms in.. zooms out....

Damn..... forgot to take the lense cap off. :curse: :cry:

Have to wait for the next one now....... wall1 when's it due?

Tom, you always seem to know when the next train is coming along and have your camera always at the ready. :thumb:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Another nice one, Tom. I take it the FA-1/FB-1 are not from Train Miniature, so I'll hazard a guess that they're from Proto, although I wasn't aware that they'd made that model Alco. I've always liked that paint scheme, too.

Wayne

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks everyone!

Woodie said:

Tom, you always seem to know when the next train is coming along and have your camera always at the ready. :thumb:
:D :D :D

Wayne
The FA1/FB1 locos are indeed Proto 2000 models. I am not sure off hand when they were released. The LNE models were a limited release or special edition. They did two FA1s and two FB1s. I picked mine up on EBay a few years back. The other set apparently was not produced in the same quantity and is more difficult to get although I keep an eye out for it.

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Woodie said:

You gotta always make sure your camera is ready, even though your driving down the road at 60mph :D

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey!

What a drag...!!! Great modeling! I'd just like to see a full view of that water tower. I got a couple that could use some rigging but I haven't the faintest idea of what this entails.

Keep up the good work!

Gus (LC&P).