Such a Drag

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by TomPM, Jan 30, 2006.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

This weekend turned out to be a drag…

2. TomPM

3. TomPM

4. TomPM

5. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Gotta love those drags! Nice!!
  6. ding chavez

ding chavez Member

is all that weathering done by airbrush? and on the trucks too?

in any case, it looks spectacular.
  7. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Great Tom. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. TomPM

Thanks folks!

Yes and no.

The wheels are brush painted. The trucks are either brush painted on RTR stuff and airbrush painted a solid charcoal gray on kits. They are then dry brushed with various colors. The cars are weathered in various ways. I dry brush streaks and rust. They are covered with washes. As a final thing the bottom of the cars including the wheels and trucks are airbrushed.

I am currently working on articles for weathering wheels and trucks. When they are done I’ll post information on them.
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

:D now I know why they stopped advertising on the sides of RR cars :) you couldn't see them anyway! :D :D

They look great!!! -- We'll have to find you more cars that represent railroads "outside" of the PA area :D :D :D
  10. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great stuff Tom, like everyone else, I think your weathering is unequaled.:thumb: :thumb:
  11. Relic

Relic Member

It's been 25 years since I worked loadout but, well I'm sorry but I'say every car on that train is overloaded . Damn nice modeling Tom!!
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great modeling, & great photos, Tom!

:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
  13. 13Mtrainer

13Mtrainer Member

nice photos Tom
  14. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Wasn't that a Rolling Stones lyric? "What a drag it is getting coal" ? Can't believe I just wrote that! :) Great shots on another roll by Tom! That dusty crummy at the end is a nice final touch. I miss them!
  15. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Your "railfan" shots always make me....jealous!
    Nice work!
  16. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Ohhh... quick!!! here comes another one!! **fumbles in bag for camera**

Damn thing's not turned on... **fumbles with on/off knob**

be quick.... focuses... zooms in.. zooms out....

Damn..... forgot to take the lense cap off. :curse: :cry:

Have to wait for the next one now....... wall1 when's it due?

Tom, you always seem to know when the next train is coming along and have your camera always at the ready. :thumb:
  17. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Another nice one, Tom. I take it the FA-1/FB-1 are not from Train Miniature, so I'll hazard a guess that they're from Proto, although I wasn't aware that they'd made that model Alco. I've always liked that paint scheme, too.

18. TomPM

Thanks everyone!

:D :D :D

The FA1/FB1 locos are indeed Proto 2000 models. I am not sure off hand when they were released. The LNE models were a limited release or special edition. They did two FA1s and two FB1s. I picked mine up on EBay a few years back. The other set apparently was not produced in the same quantity and is more difficult to get although I keep an eye out for it.
  19. b28_82

b28_82 Member

You gotta always make sure your camera is ready, even though your driving down the road at 60mph :D
  20. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

What a drag...!!! Great modeling! I'd just like to see a full view of that water tower. I got a couple that could use some rigging but I haven't the faintest idea of what this entails.

Keep up the good work!

Gus (LC&P).