Subject: Kentucky Style

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Only a Kentuckian could think of this .... from the county where drunk
driving is considered a sport, comes this true story.

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Mt.Sterling KY.
After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated
that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for
a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an
eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed
to find his car which he fell into. He sat there for a few minutes as a
number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine,
dry summer night) -- flicked the blinkers on, then off a couple of times,
honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward
a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more
minutes as some more of the other patron vehicles left.

At last, the parking lot empty, he pulled out of the parking lot and started
to drive slowly down the road.

The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started
up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the
man over and carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the breathalyzer
indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded,
the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police
station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the truly proud Kentuckian. "Tonight
I'm the designated decoy."

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Here`s another one for your reading pleasure.......

During a recent "safe driving campain" 2 oficer`s in a patroll car, was following this car down a road, that had several stop signs, trafic lights, and other trafic signs. as the driver aproach each one so precisly and executed the silent comand exactly to the letter, the police officers decide to congreatulate the drive on his driving skill.

they hit the lights and siren, and stoped the car that they had been following, it signaled and pulled over to the kerb and stopped, the driver rolled down his window as one of the officers aproached, the police man said "good evening sir, the reason I have stopped you is, to offer you my and my sargents congratulations on your driving skill, we have been following you for about 2 miles, and in that time we observed that you did not make one mistake.......The driver looked up at the officer with a smile on his face and answerd.." weeellllll yoouuu`vee gootttt to beeee caref f full whennn youve had a fewwwww, avnt yaaarr."......

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
shaygetz said:
Only a Kentuckian could think of this .... from the county where drunk
driving is considered a sport...

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Bob...Which county are you talking about? We're starting to come around, but there are still a large number of KY counties that are dry, including Montgomery County, where Mt. Sterling is located...
I wasn't aware that we had a monopoly on drunk driving...? I you believe that they don't have drunk drivers in Louisiana, I've got some stuff in the attic I'd like to sell you...;)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Drew1125 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Bob...Which county are you talking about? We're starting to come around, but there are still a large number of KY counties that are dry, including Montgomery County, where Mt. Sterling is located...
I wasn't aware that we had a monopoly on drunk driving...? I you believe that they don't have drunk drivers in Louisiana, I've got some stuff in the attic I'd like to sell you...;)

Shoulda knowed I was gonna get it...this was sent to me by a Cajon friend o' mine. :eek:ops: :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
No offence meant, or taken, BobI guess I should've been a little more good natured about it...Maybe it was just too early in the morning! :rolleyes:
It might have been too,that I had to deal with this woman at work Fri. who had transfered up here from another state about a week ago...she griped & moaned about everything from education to oral hygene...Hey, I don't mind admitting it...I'm a "proud Kentuckian"...This life has taken me to a lot of different places in this world, & I gotta tell ya, it's always one of my great pleasures to get back to "My Old KY Home"! There are a lot of things about the place that I'm not proud of, but I think sometimes we get unfairly type-cast, & I tend to "get my back up" a little when that happens! :)

Now...did ya here the one about the Cajon & the Hillbilly that walk into this bar... :D ;) :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Drew1125 said:
No offence meant...
Now...did ya here the one about the Cajon & the Hillbilly that walk into this bar... :D ;) :D

None taken... :thumb:

A cajon walks into a bar with a toad on his shoulder. Bartender looks at the strange sight and says, "What is that!?" The toad says, "I dunno, it started out as a wart on my rear end." :D