Subaru Impreza WRC2006

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by kooklik, Nov 2, 2006.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi All
    Here is my 2nd Paper Model. I spent 2.5 months to complete it. This model is 1:18 scale.:)
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Nice job! What did you use make it glossy?
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

Koolik kool !!! 8)

An incredible model :-o. Congratulations !!!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That turned out SUPER! nice job :D
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Can you tell us something about the glue you used?
    There is a thread around here about the paper & glue to use, and glossy was not among the easiest paper to use when the wrong kind of glue is used.
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Sorry, double vision here.
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Milenio3
    This is the glue i used. I think it was not the most suitable glue for the glossy paper. It's not easy to remove the excess glue from the gloss surface.

8. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi All
    Thanks for your warm welcome. I'm quite new for card model. I'm so glad if I can learn and share paper model knowhow with you.
    I used foto printing paper (glossy type) for the chassis. And matte paper for in side the cockpit.

9. rowiac

rowiac Member

10. kooklik

kooklik Member

11. hawk4402

hawk4402 New Member

Very nice build!!

Now you have my interested in building the WRC Impreza's!!

I checked out the link for the 1/18 scale WRC2006 but the PDF file has a master password. My adobe photoshop won't allow me to open it. Can anyone help on the password.

Again, great build!

12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

There is no password. You have me confused.
    The one I have has no password so I followed the link and clicked on the download to see if it is any different and it just opened right up in my browser.
    Do you have the latest version of adobe?

13. gwssms

gwssms Member

I think what hawk is saying is that there is a password protection on the file, not the download. This is to prevent other people from editing or changing the content of the file. Try opening it with Acrobat Reader instead.
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yes. There are permissions to print only. The file is owner passworded and not client passworded.
  15. hawk4402

hawk4402 New Member

Yes. I downloaded the WRC2004 and WRC2006 files. I'm using Adobe PS 7 to open PDF files. Everytime I try to open them, it asks me for the master password.

16. rowiac

rowiac Member

If you are just trying to view the PDF file and print it, then you will need to open it with the Adobe Reader. It's available here if you don't already have it (which would be hard to believe):

If you are trying to open the file in Photoshop to do some editing, you can't because the creator put security on it to not allow editing or copying, as others have already said. There are ways around that, however, which you can search for on your own, but Ghostscript might be a place to start.

17. hawk4402

hawk4402 New Member

Thanks for your insight. :grin:

What I've done ios downloaded a PDF viewer called "Foxit" its small..opens up all PDF files.

So...I've started work on a WRC2004 Impreza. :twisted:

18. sakrison

sakrison Member

Nice work!
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

You car is superb. I want to play with it, and I thought I was past that!!
  20. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Our local HobbyTown USA is having a model contest in April and this may have to be one of my entries! Can you give us any more detail on the type of glossy paper that you used (thickness, brightness, etc)?