styrofoam rockwork

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Thanks T, I had forgotten about the idea of using foam for rocks, because that one was the only one I've done, and all I did was paint it. I have a 20' long cliff to make and had planned on using plaster, figuring I wouldn't be able to get foam to look right, I thought I had just been lucky. Reading your procedure has made me decide to try foam first. And makes me feel more confident it will work out well.

Gary

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Gary is that 20' in 1:1 scale? WOW!
Here's a couple of more pic's taken of the other side of the creek:D One of them shows the boulders in the creek bed that were "made" in about ten seconds (not that time is an issue) but just to emphasize how effertless they were to make. I just snapped of bit's of foam and chose the best looking one's.

t

Attachments

• rockwork5.jpg
    rockwork5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
T, Yes, 20'. It's for the section which represents the 4 track main along the Hudson. But it's a few years away as I've decided it makes more sense to finish the upper level before doing more scenery on the lower level. Your rocks are coming along nicely!

Gary

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Gary, judging from your skill I'm sure it will look great. Come to think of it, my new layout will be centered around turn of the century urban heavy construction and deep cut excavation so I guess i'll have some long runs of rocky face's too.

t.

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Sis you notice UJS has been dead :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Jon, thanks for the compliment.
I peek in on the jeepin side every now and then but don't really have anything worth gabbing about other than it made to work and home once again without getting spanked by "sledgy":D

t.