Styrene ?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Yes it is sold at all the LHS I go to.

It is usually in its own display. There are two brands that I know of. One is Evergreen the other I can't remember the name. It is something like PlasticConstruc.

jon-monon

Evergreen has a pack that has 3 or 4 different thicknesses, which might be what you need. The box at my LHS has a lot in it, so it took some digging to find the multi-pack.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I should have asked this before, what kind of couplers?

If they are Kadee they make shims for their draft boxes and other items to help you install their couplers.

plbab

Kadee couplers i am going from truck mount to body mount. Do most cars come with horn type truck mounted couplers?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
The only new cars that I have seen that come with truck mounted hook and horn couplers are IHC and some low end Like Like cars. There are some long passenger cars that come that way.

Check out Kadee's website: http://www.kadee.com/conv/page-c1.htm

They have conversion instructions. If you can't find instructions for what you are doing email them. They will get back to. I did it when I was converting a Bachmann SD45 and they sent me specific instructions on how to do it.

I have many older cars that have the truck mounted couplers and have used the Kadee #27 coupler to make the conversion while still using the truck mounted set up. It works well enough until I can mount the couplers to the body.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Last week I used the K-D #27on a couple of older truck mounts that I bought at a show. I found out that they are offset and really don't match the body mount K-D #5's. What I did though, was replaced the #27s that came with the conversion kit, and used the #5's with the conversion kit and they matched perfectly.