Styrakosaurus

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
Another in the Dinosaur series from the ABC magazine, designed by Michal Dudas.

When your in a modeling rut, build a dinosaur..;-) Built like the others, with pastel chalks for shading.. several light coats of "Future" to blend everything in..

A fun model....

Here's the base with assorted odd bits for ground cover.
256750429.jpg

Styrakosaurus...
256750448.jpg

Mounted on the base..
256750500.jpg

Next to the cube to show scale of the piece...
256750576.jpg

Wow, that is really cool, Peter!
You seem to have a knack for finding an obscure model and making something really nice looking out of it!
I believe you are quite the artist!8)

I love the plant matter in his mouth, really sets the whole thing off and makes him part of the scene!
It just wouldn't be the same without that little touch!

Bravo! Really nice work, Peter! Bravo!:grin:

Russell

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
rockpaperscissor said:
I love the model, but I'm "in love" with the base. You and I are from the same school when it comes to the importance of bases Peter. It's what elevates this model from just being a dinosaur on a shelf, to a real work of art. Nicely done!
Regards,
Don

Thank you Don and others for the comments... Your right about the base. For me, it just brings the subject too life if you can create some sort of display that catches the eye.. Michal Dudas's designs make it easy to pull it off..

C

cgutzmer

Spectacular! Does all that stuff come with the model or are you supplyig it yourself?

Oh wait, I think I answered it myself. Its from ABC magazine - I dont think they can get bushes in there.... heh heh You must be a model railroader of sorts too :)
Chris