stupid primer

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

how do i rmove the primer on the stock fuel tank of an RS4 3? its leaking pretty bad. wen i throttle it, fuel actually spits out!!
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

are u sure its not just one of the o-rings that r set up on it?? if its not then, i think i remember having a spring on the one i had, if u take that spring out it shuld slide up and out. give it a try.
  3. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Pull up on the primer as far as it will come out and then cut the primer rod as close to the tank as possible. the top parts will naturally fall off and the bottom parts will fall in the tank. with a little shaking they will come out. Then take a screw and slap a piece of fuel tubing on it or use an "o"ring and screw it into the hole left by the primer. But HPI does offer a racing tank with no primer (which is on my MT) Part Number 72525.
  4. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

wow thanks so much for the tip......after i sawed off the lil thingy, it just fell out with about 5 minutes of shaking. now the problem is...i dont kno the size of screw that will plug the hole? i tried lookin in my screws for the rc chassis..but none seem to fit. they all just slide through so easily.
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

You'll have to use a bigger screw. I think I used a 1/4" but I really don't remember.
  6. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

i went to the hobby shop, and the guy just handed me a screw......and it fits fine! so now my fuel tank is sealed, and leak free. thought i had to buy a racing tank, but not anymore! thanks for the tips every1.
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

awsome no more leaves that is a good thing to hear :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.