Stupid OS engine

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

i was breakin in that stupid engine and it frikin seizes when i end my day and try to put in after run oil. I just pull the pull start, poof it seizes for unknown reason. This #@$% me off, what can i do about it? is it defect? i followed all rules to the bone in the manual...
  2. alisar70

alisar70 Member

3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

4. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

This seizing is due to the engine not being broken in properly. The pinch at the top has not expanded and cooled in a even way and the pinch at the top of the pistons stroke is still too tight. You also might be flooding it and hydrolocking the engine. My first os engine did the same thing and I had to take it apart to free the locked up piston and then continue the breakin. You want to heat cylce the engine right of the bat none of that running it pooring fuel rich for 4 tanks stuff. if you dont get it up to temp you are wearing away the pinch in the sleeve instead of a heat cycled breakin. this will kill your compression and your engine life is shot.
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah well go on the link i gave u and it will show u how to break in your engine (breakin=tuning your engine)
  6. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

that method is outdated and is not the best way to breakin a new abc engine... If you do it that way it will not get up to temp and you will wear away the pinch. It is also now widely accepted that running the car with the wheels of the ground is a bad idea and is a no load situation on the engine. your engine will not be ran in a no load situation so why would you break it in in a no load situation. the wheels of the ground will keep the temps to low and your engine will never perform as it can. If you havent got the engine over 200 deg in the first 2 minutes you will never know what it could have been like as the pinch has been worn away. and the engine broken in to a cold temp setting and so when it gets to the actual operating temps the compression is decreased because the pinch is worn away. Tune the engine right away to get it up to temps above 200 deg. then do the heat cycling as mentioned. allow it to fully cool with the piston at bdc bottom dead center in its stroke. the blubbering engine is actually the worst thing you can do for an abc engine as it is more damaging than the engine being to hot.
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

look man just shut up i got that from the PROS!
  8. pimp

pimp Active Member

did u ever get it fixed
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

YUP its fixed a while back and running great. But today was a diff story. I fixed the primer function on the fuel tank with silicone last night, then today some of it got into the fuel by accident.... I was running it and then i throttled it hard and it died! The cause = some silicone got into the fuel intake hole in the carb, which blocked off fuel supply. The answer, I had to take the carb apart and wash the fuel hole part(high speed needle part) with nitro fuel and swish fuel around the fuel tank to get silicone free from my system. Any damages possible?[:eek:)]
  10. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Alisar70 first of all that is the wrong way to have an arguement. 2nd that method was great in the past but now the engines are engineered to a much higher degree and expansion/contraction of the different alloys in the abc sleeves allow you to do different breakin proceedures for even better performance. 3rd in you post you said (this is what I recomend) like you are an expert on engines. so tone down the kiddy talk buddy.
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Vett, If you pulled your carb. apart and flushed it out you should be okay.
  12. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

no problem is, I dont know how tight i have to put the needle valve thingy back in! I am afraid it would break if i tighten it extreme. Not talkin bout needle valve, but the part that surrounds it.
  13. pimp

pimp Active Member

is it working properly now or did u get a new motor
  14. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

works fine now, just duno how tight to tighten the needle valve thingy
  15. pimp

pimp Active Member

titen the screw on the left it should be a gold screw titen it and u should be ready to go
  16. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

how tight though?
  17. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

just tihten it until it is quite snug but not totally cranked down. Hey vette, if you have any problems with the os engine the OS Egine web site has a complete list of manuals that will help you out. select the model number and you should find what you need. hope this helps a bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.