Studio scale Any out there?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Boba Frett, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

I have been searching different sites for a while looking for studio scale paper craft models, looking mainly for Star Wars I did find the Giant Tie Fighter which is very cool :mrgreen:.

Does anyone do studio scale here?
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

The thing with card models, is once you have a digital file, you can enlarge it or reduce it to any size you want.

While there are a few designers and modelers here who do aim for larger sizes, there's nothing stopping you from up sizing other models and adding detail to suit the rescale.
  3. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

I am pretty new to the hobby, I have been checking out the tutorial sections looking for the right programs and learn how to do it myself.

If I can figure out how to rescale them correctly I was going to have the pages printed up at kinko's.

I am a replica prop builder and have used them for a few different projects, they can print up to 3'x4' if I am not mistaken.
  4. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Well, I know that for most of the special effects in the three Back to the Future movies and the ride used 1/6 scale models whenever neccessary.