stuck piston

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by asher, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asher

asher New Member

Hey guys i was driving my rc car last night and it suddenly stopped....the flywheel has pushed out into one of the belts....now the piston is stuck....and suggestions?? its a kyosho V one S....i have taken the engine out and played around with the gears but i cant move the pullstarter at all....the piston is stuck....

Thanks
  2. redheat

redheat Member

If things came apart could be a busted crank bearing or two. If you can remove the back plate and take a visual, how much fuel have you run threw your motor?
  3. asher

asher New Member

Hey, yeah i have taken it apart and the crank has snapped....thanks for your help
  4. redheat

redheat Member

So what now a new crank or motor?
  5. asher

asher New Member

A new crank....
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

damn how the #@$% did you manage to do that?
  7. redheat

redheat Member

I would think that if you damaged your crank it had to damage the engine block and your bearing have got to be trashed, I would take a very close look at that motor before deciding on a crank.
  8. asher

asher New Member

Actually its the connecting rod....still i dont know how that managed to push my fly wheel out and slam the clutch into the gears.....messy stuff [V]
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Check those bearings real good Im sure there is some damage done.
  10. asher

asher New Member

Hmmmm yeah i have checked the bearings and they seem to be fine? its really strange....
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Did you get your parts and if so are you up and running?
  12. asher

asher New Member

yeah i have just ordered the connector rod and i should have it up and running very soon...thanks for your help.
  13. redheat

redheat Member

After you get it runnning drop a line let us no how it turned out for ya, later, Red
  14. asher

asher New Member

will do man!! ciao 4 now
  15. redheat

redheat Member

So whats the latest news ,any luck yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.