stucco

stary

Jul 22, 2002
bridgeport, pa.
Visit site
there is an article on the trains.com website about applying drywall compound to a building to repressent stucco. Has anyone tried this? If so, can you apply decals to it?

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I used spackle on the back of a building to get a stucco effect, then painted it with Polyscale "aged concrete". A bit of carelessness applying the spackle gives the look of the stucco wearing off here and there.

Val

Attachments

• lane.jpg
    lane.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 148

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by belg
I'm wondering if a light coat of grout would not better represent stucco?Or paint with some fine sand mixed in.
I'm not sure that any sand in the mix would not result in stucco that was too rough looking for any scale.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
have used a very fine grain sand and a bud uses of all things corn meal in regular house paint to get a pleasing stucco effect in HO:)
Val love te pic:thumb:

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Guys, I think it depends on the type of stucco your looking for, as Jim said he's used the technique and I have read about it so it must have some merit. I lived in a house in Montana that had what looked like popcorn texture in the stucco, kind of like on the ceiling in hi rise buildings.Pat