Stubborn

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Neat scene! Of course you had to post the picture instead of just tell us about it since you're from the "Show me!" state afterall! :)
Ralph

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Casey, that's a great scene and some pretty darn nice shootin' too. I can hear the dogs barking from here!

I know what you mean about setting up little scenes. It's great to have these stories going on here and there. Makes the model come to life in my opinion (and no, Catt!, it's not a humble one!!:D)

How about some more shots?

cheers
:D Val

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Casey, just love the scene, is that a shay I see poking it's stack out.

Shamus
wink.gif

Originally posted by shamus
Hi Casey, just love the scene, is that a shay I see poking it's stack out.

Shamus
wink.gif

Yep, it's the CM&S' Shay #1 stopped in its tracks by old Hazel. This is a daily occurrance. All the engineer can do is climb out of the cab and wait for Elroy McGinty to get Hazel across the tracks with a load of apples for Johnson's Cider Mill. :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D Of course, between the fired-up Shay and the fired-up dogs, Hazel isn't too disposed to cooperate. :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
That's a great little scene.!:) Its little things like that that makes a layout come to life!:)

BTW Casey, What's in the "tote sack" across the mule's back?:D

Originally posted by Vic
That's a great little scene.!:) Its little things like that that makes a layout come to life!:)

BTW Casey, What's in the "tote sack" across the mule's back?:D

Apples. Apples for Johnson's Cider Mill. Ol' man McGinty tosses a sack of apples on Hazel every day at the same time just so he can reach the crossing a minute or two ahead of Shay #1 and force it to stop just out of spite. He's been mad at the railroad for nearly 30 years now. Can't remember why, but he knows he's still mad about something or other. But now those durned dogs are complicating things...:eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Thanks, everybody. Like I said, I have fun doing this kind of stuff. It's how us old retirees pass the time.;) :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Casey, I thought 'ol Mule might have been overloaded but apples won't do that!:D

I think me and Mr. McGinty have a lot of the same problems!!!LOL:D :D :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Casey,
This one is like an old classic film...every time I see it, I notice something I didn't see the last time!
It's a fantastic photo!