Structure Layout

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Guys I'm wondering if I have some plaster,plastic and wooden structures besides weathering them in the same manner is there anything that can be done to make them seem more similar in finish and style?When laying them out in the "town" should similar types be lumped together or would it look better to mix and match?

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Belg, Out west where I've travelled extensively it is not at all unusual to see what you describe as "mix-n-match" buildings in the smaller town.

I personally love seeing old weathered timber buildings in between brick and stone built structures. Such a mixture gives an aesthetic look and suggests the town has a worthy history.

Timber structures from the mid/late 1800's are to be found all over the place and frankly, provides real "atmosphere" to the layout.

The only important thing is .... it's your layout and whatever pleases you, you should go for it :) .

Errol

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Belg:
I find that plastic buildings really stick out among my cardboard ones. I think that using the same brand of paint on all of them (or same finish) e.g. all polly S or all floquil might make them look compatible. Same applies to RR cars.