Strange paper R2 Unit

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Stev0, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

What's so strange about it?
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I havent seen it before :p
  4. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Man, I have always wanted one of those oversized paper models of the Destroyer Droid (Droidika) from DK. Does anyone know if you can still get them? Has anyone ever built one and if so, are they well-engineered?
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I have one of those of the Droid Soldier, bought one on ebay for $50 back in 2001 or 2002.

I have not seen any of those recently(then again I haven't look for it)

if you used to tab and slot models the kits will go together pretty easy, and they build up pretty nicely, I usually have my kit make an appearance at the Paper Model Convention in Dulles when i go

Date Posted: Nov 16, 2001 07:00 AM

Hey R2Dee2, can't access your site.

Yes I do have 4 lifesize droids in my house. These were the 3D cardboard displays at book stores. They aren't the lame standees that are just a flat picture, they are full-size 3D and are as cool to put together as they are to look at. They sold for $100 with the purchase of a DK Star Wars book.

I hope they make more for Episode II, but a person I know at DK said that they took a bath on the ones for Episode I, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wow, no new DK droids, no new models...This movie is already a 50% disappointment I sure hope the movie itself kicks ### though.