Strange eBay Occurance

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I put my Marx 666, both Beeps, and the Industrial Rail trolley up on eBay this morning.
    The auction that's gotten the most attention?
    The trolley.

It now has 5 people watching the auction and not even a nibble on the others.
    I figured guys would be all over the diecast Marx but apparently they want plastic trolleys instead.

:confused: :confused:
  2. Marxed

Marxed Member

i would bid if i had $
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Well those trolleys are pretty good looking.

Going to the dark side are we? :D N joy it if you do. :)

4. Cannonball

I'm going if I can figure out the switches. :oops:

I'm keeping a few O gauge things. I won't get rid of my original set and I have a few other cars that have some sentimental value. Gonna keep a pretty good sized pile of track to do the occasional floor layout with as well.
  5. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

Two factors: It's tax season (so a sizable number of people are paying out money and/or too distracted filling out forms at the last minute cutting into valuable eBay time and/or waiting for a tax refund to arrive) AND the huge train show at York, PA is coming up, so a lot of would-be bidders are saving every dime they can scrape up to take to York.
  6. pgandw

pgandw Active Member

Many auctions don't get any bids until the last hour, when the bargain seekers come out. If you want to get the action started early, you have to put a lower starting price than your competition - and take the risk it will go at a lower price.

I generally start my auctions at 1/4 of what I think the final price will be (based on other sales of the same or similar items). That's a little risky, but it does get the action going.

Be aware that you are getting towards the end of the buying season, especially for 3 rail O. Final prices are typically lower in the summer months, and peak in November.

my thoughts, your choices
  7. Cannonball

Yeah... I remember Dave saying something about that.
    I think most of my prices are fairly reasonable to start with.
    I won't get all my money back but I'm hoping for maybe at least 2/3 to 3/4.
  8. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

How about a link to the auction, if it is allowed here. I was curious and went looking, but couldn't find it. :confused:

Might be just me, might be something else.
  9. Marxed

Marxed Member

can you please post the links please???????? or send them to me or something. the no link rules here make me work to hard...
  10. Cannonball

The rules state no links but my user name on eBay is low_tone
    You can go to advanced search and find me that way.
  11. Marxed

Marxed Member

your still allowed to private message them to me ;)
  12. Geno

Geno Member

Are you getting out of O gauge? I thought you liked all of that stuff you bought.