Story Behind Your User Name

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SeriousSam, Apr 7, 2007.

1. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

I just used the initials of my name. However it is also a common lettering [ie. fine scale models etc] so I added the number on the end as well :D
    Hence FSM1000.
    My name is Stephen, the middle initial.
  2. Straycat

Straycat Member

My name came first from the rockabilly band and then it just seemed to fit because I really don't have a home town and have done a lot of traveling.:cool:
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

back in the early 80's - I needed a CB handle... We had an HO layout and decided to sell it all off and buy N in order to model the DM&IR... I decided on N gauger as a CB handle... Later when the internet came along, I kept using it as screen names... My other is G Gauger - because I have mostly G (Actually F 1:20.3) now
  4. FiatFan

FiatFan Member

One of my other hobbies is restoring a 1971 Fiat convertible. So far, it's been an off-and-on project for almost 20 years.

5. sacval2

sacval2 New Member

Because at the time I didn't have another Grandson to use his name here, so I pick sacval2 for Sacramento Valley Railroad and No. 2 was called Nevada. Where my wife & I spend our time at a resort we belong to in Nevada City.
  6. IAIS 604

IAIS 604 Member

I live in Davenport, Iowa, and one of our local roads is the IOWA INTERSTATE RR.

IAIS604 is a GP38 I've seen many times around the area (and modeled by Atlas - yea!), but sold at the beginning of this year (boo!).

For more IAIS info, see:

Unofficial Iowa Interstate Photo Archive and Railfan's Guide
  7. erikstoll

erikstoll New Member

its my first and last names put together, how boring
  8. Fluesheet

Fluesheet Member

Fluesheet - I like steam locomotives. It was just a matter of picking a part that was obviously a steam part, "sounded right", and wasn't too long and could be used on other forums without sounding too out of place (I like to keep life simple).
  9. CaNadiaN

CaNadiaN New Member

I'm not really a Canadian, but my primary train layout is based on Canada (yep, the whole country).
  10. jlg759

jlg759 Member

Screen Name

My screen name came from the first steam locomotive I saw as a kid. It was Nickel Plate Road 759. I can still remember it was bitter cold, snowy and a mist hung in the air. My father woke me up extremely early and told me we were going to see trains and school had been canceled. I was a typical 7 year old and said it's cold lets stay home. Dad told me it was a special train I would not want to miss. The tracks where we live was in Hagerstown Maryland right along the Western Maryland Railroad. We drove over to tracks that morning just to keep warm. About 9:10 A.M I heard a noise I never heard in real life it was the sound of a steam whistle. Looking down the tracks 759 was working hard blowing for a crossing and on a curve. All you could see was a headlight and misty steam covering the locomotive. The engine was working hard an even slipped once. I was so excited we went to the yards and again saw the engine arrive. That started my love of the Berkshire class steam locomotive. Sorry I was so long but it brings back great memories.
  11. nolatron

nolatron Member

nola = New Orleans, LA. Born and raised until August 2005.

Tron = Tron the movie. Great movie :)

Put 'em together and you have nolatron. voila!
  12. wetidlerjr

wetidlerjr New Member

It's my name. W.E. Tidler Jr.
  13. trainpicman

trainpicman New Member

Trainpicman is a name I recived form the CSX crews. I shoot lots of trains.
  14. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Bumping the second "Name Thread"
  15. Simplex

Simplex New Member

My user name is the commonly used name of products of the Motor Rail & Tramcar Co. Ltd. who produced 4 wheel diesel mechanical locos for use in the trenches in World War One. One is still in use, modified and rebuilt on the Festiniog Railway in North Wales (60cm ex slate railway for those who haven't heard of it :thumb:)

16. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

mine is simply the suggested name that came back from the forum during the registration process. My first 2 choices were not available and I got tired of waiting. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  17. farish

farish New Member

Farish comes from a very good friend of mine, who passed away last year. He and I hunted waterfowl from the Canadian border to the Mexican border for some 20 years.
  18. atticn

atticn New Member

atticn all trains and hobbies are in the attic
  19. jambo101

jambo101 Member

Three Jim's at work,oldest guy they call Jim,second oldest they call Jimbo
    I;m the third oldest so Jambo.the 101 was an arbitrary number i used to access another forum when some one else had the Jambo taken..
  20. cicsos2

cicsos2 New Member

As the saying goes, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

My screen name (cicsos2) is based on a software product that I worked with for a long time (over 10 years). the cics part is prounced with a K as in KICS and OS2 was an PC operating system.

And, since I'm part of those who do understand binary - I also understand your screen name - it is quite clever.