Story Behind Your User Name

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SeriousSam, Apr 7, 2007.

1. 91rioja

91rioja Member

I love good wine. But my favorites come from Spain. So therefore,
    91 - the best year for a Spanish wine from the region of Rioja.
    Rioja - the winemaking region in Spain.

Does that explain it?
  2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Torpedo, thanks for the photo. I've never seen one of those before.
  3. zigzag_i

zigzag_i New Member

Model railroading is my cold winter night hobby. In the summer I spent all my spare time sailing on my sailboat. Zig Zag 1 is the name of my boat :)
  4. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

When I used to do alot of chatting online before I got into Model RRing and somone would instant message me that I didnt know, I would always ask whodat then my computer went down for a while and couldnt rember my passwords and all that so I just started under a new name and thats the first thing I thought of so it stuck!!!
  5. CRed

CRed Member

My best friends dad and some others call me red because of my hair,although it's more of a brownish red and not a orange red.The C is my first initial,I put it in front because every forum I've joined the handle red has been taken so I don't even try anymore.

6. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I can't compete with any of the above. Hence, the real name.
  7. xpt rail

xpt rail New Member

XPT is the name of the train that runs between capital cities and major towns throughout the states of NSW,VICTORIA and QUEENSLAND in AUSTRALIA
  8. scubadude

scubadude Member

TrainNut- I was on Maui over New Years and dived the Molokini Crater, saw a lot of turtles there. Did some surfing and whale watching. Maui is a cool island.
  9. Smoke

Smoke SOU is for you!!

My username came about by the account that I like NASCAR and my favorite driver is Tony Stewart. For those of you who don't follow NASCAR Tony Stewart's nickname is Smoke.

My signature also holds the secret.
  10. e-paw

e-paw Member

the name was supposed to be C-paw witch is short for communipaw (where the cnj had a large engin facility in jersey city nj). but i did a typo and did not notice it for a few days. so now it's e-paw
  11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

UP= my FAVORITE ROAD!:D SD40-2= the MOST SUCCESSFUL, WIDELY USED engine ever built:thumb:. :D-Deano(UP SD40-2)
  12. CRed

CRed Member

*sarcasm on*I would have never guessed that Deano,really I wouldn't have.*sarcasm off*:D

Just messing with you:thumb:.

13. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Well....:oops:....there may have been someone that wondered "why an SD40-2?";)tooth1

14. Myowngod

Myowngod Member

Since the beginning of time... OK, internet time:) I've used this name. Starting back with the BBSes in the 80's. I went to a catholic high school and was always tired of people pushing their religion on me. I'm not a big religious person, I'm not atheist, I'm not really anything but me... so I'm MyOwnGod (MOG). I've never come across a forum or internet service where some else had the name, except eBay. The reason for eBay was that I signed up for eBay in the beginning and forgot my password. I couldn't use it again and I changed it to MyOwnGod2.

So that's me
  15. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Whats UP stand for? :rolleyes:

16. 91rioja

91rioja Member

Isn't that a Creed song?
  17. Myowngod

Myowngod Member

I don't know. I made the name up long before Creed sang one note. hehe.
  18. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

ugh,kids and there new-fangled "creed", in my day it was jimmy hendrix,led zeppelin and the beatles! i showing my age? LOL --josh
  19. CRed

CRed Member

Hmm,in my haste to be sarcastic that didn't enter my mind:oops::thumb:.

bigsteel-Awesome groups,my all time favorites are Led Zeppilen and Pink Floyd:thumb:

20. 91rioja

91rioja Member

You may be sign1

Those were my days as well. I still listen to them!