Stormtrooper One/Blastech E-11 Blaster Rifle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've suggested it . . . I've threatened it . . . and now I'm working on it! :twisted:

Yep, I'm making the Imperial E-11 Blaster Rifle, standard sidearm of the Imperial Stormtrooper. :mrgreen:

Here's a look at how the barrel is coming out:

2. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Millenium, you are my hero!:thumb: I haven't had a stormtrooper blaster since I was about 8 years old. Thirty Years ago or so.:cry: Will you be releasing this on the forum? PLEASE say yes! I just recently finished the M-41A Pulse rifle, I posted a couple of pics in the gallery and I would love to have my first favorite sci-fi weapon to put next to it!

3. crimson

crimson Member

I AM the droid you are looking for and I will NOT move along!

Excellent! I look forward to your progress
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Thanks, y'all! It'll be hard to get work done on this, because of school and all, but those of you who've seen my Moldy Crow know the kind of quality I'll be bringing to this subject. :thumb: I'm doing all the versions seen in the original trilogy, using add-ons for the variants, plus this can be made into a regular Sterling for those of you who want one. I'll be leaving the cocking mechanism and ejection port open with options to close them off for that reason.

PS: this will be the final straw that breaks the camel's back to get me to by the full version of Meta, because of all the holes in the barrel and the various slots and indentations that would be easier to make with the boolean plugin.

PPS: Yes, it'll be completely free and available here as a download. :thumb:
  5. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

OK I think this makes you the hero of the forum! There have been many pleas for a blaster and now you have answered the call, Thank you on behalf of everyone that has longed for a model of this iconic sci-fi weapon.Nice idea to do the standard Sterling as well I remember playing with them and the FN's at the barrack open days near here, Ah happy days!. Thanks again.
  6. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Millenium, thank you, THANK you, Thank YOU!bounce7
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

What can I say, it's what I wanted forever, too! The old PotF toy just don't cut the mustard with me. Heck, I'll probably tackle Han's DL-44 Blaster and the Thermal Detonator when this gets done. I also want to do the weapons from the Dark Forces games.

Btw, one of the versions has an industrial counter on the side with a clear window registering the count. I think I'll say this is an ammo counter, and I'll have a set of numbers to paste on it, plus one that reads "0001138", naturally. :wink:

The trigger will move, the selector switch will move, and the folding stock will unfold. You'll need to reinforce these parts, and for the barrel and handgrip I'll put in some formers.

There are eight or nine different versions of the E-11, and I intend to do all of them. There's very little difference between them, so it'll be a cinch.
  8. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Great work :thumb:

Thanks in advance :)
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

You DARE threaten me?!?!?!

Threaten me? THREATEN ME!!!

Oh PLEEEEEAAASE don't throw me in that briar patch Mr. Millenium Sir! Why I'd just HATE to have to enjoy building a blaster like that! Please oh please!!

No, really. I'd love one. Please?
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

It's Br'er Millennium to you. sign1
  11. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I had to google it, but now that I know what we're talking about....

12. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

God I can't wait to see this!!
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

Got the grip done. It looks short, but with the stock and other greebles it'll balance out fine. The ammo box is next.

14. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

15. crimson

crimson Member

16. Millenniumfalsehood

I'd seen the first site and used it's grip template to make my blaster's grip, but I found it to be inaccurate in shape and proportions, so I modified it.

But that second link is a right beauty!! Thanks for posting it! It has some reference photos I desperately needed. :mrgreen: :thumb:
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

You really had to google that? Where exactly do you live? I thought Star Wars and knowing who carried what blaster was almost a basic requirement for being a sci-fi-type person.
  18. sneaker

sneaker Member

The plans on that site are excellent. I have successfully built a blaster based on them, the only thing I did different was I have an actual grip from a British sterling (Well I actually have the parts to a British Sterling).
  19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I'm more of a Star Trek nerd... Start throwing that terminology around and I'm all over it! :thumb:

The Annakin trilogy kind of put me off Star Wars. Misa no likey JarJar....
    I much preferred the Luke Skywalker Trilogy. But any full scale SciFi weaponry gets put on my build list.
  20. Kjev

Kjev Member

I didn't mind JarJar as much as I minded young and teenage anakin.

One couldn't act (admittedly, he was nine), and the other was a spoiled pain in the . . . . yeah.

I DID like Obi-Wan, though. But I have to admit, watching Yoda duel with a lightsaber was my favorite part.