Stonewallin': Finished at last!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

Originally posted by camelot
Brilliant scene and detail , what method did you use for the water and what scale is this ?

Cheers

Ian:p

Ian, I model in HO scale. As for the water....

I used a method for making my water that I first used about 20+ years ago on another riverfront scene. It's not complicated, but it is time consuming because of drying times. In a nutshell, after spraying the base with flat black paint, I stipple acrylic matte medium all across the water area. After that has dried, I brush acrylic gloss medium over all of it. Next, I drybrush and blend Polly Brown Drab, Olive Drab, and U.S. Brown Special. The object here is to create the impression of silt without making the water appear muddy, so I try to keep the colors as translucent as I can. Finally, and it's important to make sure the drybrushed paint has cured, I brush on Future acrylic floor polish to which I have added a couple drops of non-waterproof black ink.

The method is not perfect, but it does a fairly good job of simulating ripples and currents, and it does suggest some depth to the water.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Casey, thats some real fine modelling my friend, the walling is excellent. Love all the details.

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Gee, Casey, I just can't think of any appropriate adjectives here...I would say 'fantastic', or 'awesome', but quite honestly, I think they fall a little short!
So how about I don't say anything, & just sit here & drool?:eek: :eek: :eek:

If & when I ever grow up, I wanna be just like you, Casey!
:) :cool: :cool: :D