Stonewallin': Finished at last!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Casey Feedwater, Sep 22, 2003.

1. For those who remember a thread I started last winter :)eek: !) about adding a handcarved stone wall to a diorama base, I have finally finished the diorama. It's a combination of Sierra West's "Foss' Landing" kit, some scratchbuilt structures, and details from several different sources. Here are a few photos.

This first photo is of Foss' from "rowboat level."

Attached Files:

2. Another view from the rowboat. :D

Attached Files:

3. Most of the complex.

Attached Files:

4. Well, we climbed out of the rowboat and up into a tree...

Attached Files:

5. Another overhead view.

Attached Files:

6. Ol' man Foss is very particular about how and where his rowboats are stored. :D

Attached Files:

7. Is a clean backyard a sign of a sick mind?

Attached Files:

8. And finally, the little green garage...

This diorama is the first of three "scenes" that will wind up on a yet-to-be-built waterfront module. The other two include a town behind Foss' Landing and a transfer dock for the CM&S just to the right of Foss'.

Attached Files:

9. interurban

interurban Active Member

That is fantastic Casy.
    Love every detail,, How big is the Diorama??:D
    Can we have a overall view?
  10. Thanks, Chris.

I didn't take any wide-angle shots of the whole diorama, so I don't have any to post. The overall dimensions, however, are 16"D x 19"W. This ultimately (hopefully) will become part of a 32" x 48" module.
  11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Wow Casey, terrific detail. I'd love to see the wide angle shot when you get one.

Man, there are so many good modelers here that I learn more from each time you guys post pictures like this. :)

12. camelot

camelot Member

Brilliant scene and detail , what method did you use for the water and what scale is this ?

13. philip

philip Guest

WOW! Casey I'm speechless!

14. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

That is beautiful Casey.
  15. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

WOW! Awesome. Great modeling Casey. WOW!
    I can't stop looking at these photos.
  16. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

This diorama looks so realistic, that you have to look more than twice to tell that it's a model. :cool:

Casey, I admire your techniques of subtle weathering and creating that sort of 'chaos' around these buildings. Obviously you set very high standards to your modeling - and you really reach them, my friend!

17. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Casey, that is some beautiful work! The weathering is outstanding.
  18. marty w.

marty w. Member

Great detail.
    Excellent work!
    :) :) :cool: :cool:
  19. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Excellent, awesome, fantastic!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
  20. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

Your attention to detail and ability to create a sense of time and place are incredible! I am always inspired by the level of skill exhibited by you and the members of this board. You have helped me set my goals higher for my own modeling.

Thanks for the inspiration and the motivation!