Stone henge

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by col, May 26, 2007.

1. col

col Member

Hi guys, im hoping one of you can point me in the direction of a free stonehenge model link,i v found a few but not free,any help mucho appreciated thanks :)

2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

There was one available a few years ago. I'll look around and see if it can be found.:)
  3. col

col Member

Thanks Doug, iv been downloading free models today and im up to 240 megs worth, i have a few to go i think before i put them all on an 800 meg disk yet:) and i still havnt found a free stone henge either:roll: :)

4. Nekayah

Nekayah Member

Have you been sending thank you notes to each of the designers of the models you have downloaded today? I don't mean this unkindly, but if you follow the threads here you will have found that designers are discouraged when they put out designs for us without ever hearing whether we downloaded the model because we really liked this feature or that, or whether we have feedback on the experience of building, or some kind of acknowledgement of their generosity in making their hard work available.
    Some designers just do it because they love it, but some feel their work isn't appreciated when they don't get feedback, and I'm sure all get a glow when they get constructive comments on their work.
  5. col

col Member

Hi Nekayar.
    Oops no i havnt,it didnt cross my mind at all,ill remember for the future,most of them came from,so ill send a thanks on each one i use,it would be a bit impractical to go through them all now i think:oops:

6. Nekayah

Nekayah Member

Thanks for your response, Col. Frankly, I think many of us just haven't thought about this either. I'm every bit as "guilty" as you are. It isn't necessarily that we are greedy moochers, but that we react to the site rather than the designers whose contributions make this a great site. We find the site and are amazed that there should be a place where we can find all those terrific models, and they are FREE! I'm not a designer, though I'd like to be, so I don't know how much of a response I might hope for if I uploaded a design: I don't think I'd expect much, but I know I'd be glad if I got _some_. [Thanks especially for not taking offense at my qquestion: you easily could have.]
  7. Peter P

Peter P New Member

8. col

col Member

no offence taken at all Nekayah,i feel embarassed that i never thought to,:) and that is a cracker of a model Peter P,you dont have any stone patterns i could er have do you?:wink:

9. Peter P

Peter P New Member

no its all paper (except the grass of course...:grin: )no stone patterns left...sorry!:grin:
    its in 1:96 and maybe it have looked like this in the beginning...
  10. Millimodels

Millimodels Member

11. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Of course, you can build just one section from Stonehenge, a few little people dressed as Druids, and create a diorama of a scene from Spinaltap.
  12. col

col Member

:grin: :)