Stock Certificates

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Topo, May 13, 2004.

1. Topo

Topo Member

Rio Negro & San Luis Valley Railroad

I'm still prospecting for real state for my pike, so no e-passes yet (track laying scheduled to start this summer).

Until then, I'm busy collecting virtual funds with these RN&SLV stock certificates. :D

Attached Files:

2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice work!

Wow - that's very impressive Javier! Nice idea too. Don't spend all your virtual funds in one place!

:thumb: Val
  3. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Here is mine for the WC & T RR Co. :)

Attached Files:

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

J -- That's neat!!!! Really nice!!!! :) :)
  5. faroukstan

faroukstan Member

Un amigo desde Ciudad de Zamboanga

Hi, there, Javier :

Como esta, mi amigo? I hope you still remember me (?)! I had my computer crashed way back and I lost your address. I since searched high and low (in the web) for your address with no luck until I came to THE GAUGE! I still have your Certificate and it graces the wall of my (our) hobby room.

Nice to "see" you again.....Vaya con dios y hasta la vista!!!

Zamboanga City, The Philippines
  6. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Muy bein, Javier. Put me in for a thousand shares!
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Good idea Javier, Nice to hear from you again.

I`ll take two,, so I am cheap :oops: :D
  8. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Really Nice Javier and cool idea also :thumb: :thumb:
  9. Topo

Topo Member

Hi, Friends

Thanks for the nice words! :oops: :D
    I'm a bit busy this days, but I hope that nex week the things will be lighter. So, if you want some personalized RN&SLV certificates, send me a private message and let me know to who name should they be entitled (and your e-mail), and I will «churn» some specially for you. ;)
    (only have in mind that these pics are BIG, so your email software can take some time to download them)

Nice to hear from you, Farouk. ¡Un saludo, amigo! :wave:
  10. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

My appologies in advance to those of you on dialup...but I think this was worth the wait:

11. HPRL

HPRL Member

That is pretty sharp. You did not put down that the stock is absolutely worth nothing. Would W&N takes off and you sell it for 3000.00 you are going to have to pay off their shares. Could be like Enron Stock.

Nice job.

12. N Gauger

13. Simplex

Simplex New Member

Having made a share certificate some time ago for my pike, not that it raised very much money :cry: , I thought I post it here to revitilise this thread.
    I may well produce an E pass in the near future, once the wiring is completed and tested.

14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I have several and some coal and lumber stock also.
  15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Really impressive work on those certificates guys!
  16. N Gauger

Oh Man - great Stuff!!!
  17. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

My two er five cents worth!

I am finally looking beyond the logging mining and Industrial section at Zealot, and found this thread.

This certificate is for the State Line Railroad, a narrow gauge operation that feeds iron ore and logs to my DG, CC, & W RR

When this cerificate was drawn (back in the dawn of time , before computers were found in the household), at that time, The State line RR was wholly imaginary, as a narrow gauge RR partly owned by my RR and Mack Montgomery's M, C, & E. The M C & E has reverted to the M & N G, and the State Line Railroad now exists up on top of Iron mountain

Bill Nelson

Attached Files:

18. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

No stock certificates, but...

With all my spare time in Afghanistan, I'm surprised I never thunk about making stock certificates. However I did make some other ephemera of interest, such as a date-accurate calendar from 1940, custom waybills with the railroad's logo, and letterhead. Somewhere down the line, I'd love to have a Zippo engraved with the WRRy's logo on it.

I'll have to get on that sometime...

Attached Files:

19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, did they really have a picture of a woman posted on it. I know that was popular back then. It may seem politically correct, but it never bothered me! :)
  20. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

I haven't found any railroad calendars that had pin ups on them, it was mostly gas stations and feed mills that I found had pin ups on. But it's my railroad and I'm calling the shots on this one :).

In the works is also a rulebook for the WRRy. I'm taking guidelines from a Milwaukee Road and Green Bay and Western rulebook as well as ideas from a fellow model railroaders rulebook who models the 1890's. It's been a while since I've touched that but since I don't have a layout of my own it really isn't a priority. So for now, I'll paint and decal my rolling stock and tinker with my lokies to get them in top running shape.