Still here

Xaniel

Hello.

I'm writing this just to say hello to you all. It's been a while since my last post here.

Still have some rolling stock from UP, and I'm about to buy some more 40' Box cars.

I model i N Scale, but now I'm also into H0m. 12mm gauge. What is the North American equivalent? H0n3?

Cheers.
Luis from Portugal.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
great too see more members arent leaving us! and id guess that the equivalent to HOm is HOn3 its as close as you can gt i think.--josh

Triplex

HOn3 is 10.5mm gauge, and since we don't have metre-gauge prototypes, I guess that's the equivalent.

Xaniel

So, is there any north american rolling stock that I can use with a 12mm gauge?

Thnaks for your time.

Pooh Bah
Hi Xaniel. 12mm gauge works out to a bit over 41" in HO scale. The only N.A. railway I know near that is the Newfoundland Railway which was 42" (3 1/2 feet). They had their own smaller rolling stock, but they also received boxcars from the mainland and changed the trucks.

Russ Bellinis

Good to hear from you again Luis. Glad you could still find us!

The most common ho scale narrow gauge in North America would be hon3. Hon3 would be a 36 inch gauge which would be slightly narrower than meter gauge. It would be narrow enough that the hon3 trucks would not work on meter gauge track, but meter gauge trucks could probably be mounted to hon3 cars and if they aren't too much different from American prototype, they would probably not look out of place. Basically what LGB does with American prototype in large scale is to build 3 foot gauge protoype on meter gauge track.