Still Alive!

kf4jqd

I just want everyone to know that I am still alive! I haven't posted anything here for a while. I have been working 50 to 60 hours a week!:eek: :mad: More money for trains but have to little time to play with them! :rolleyes: Maybe today I will. However, the weather is nice outside. Thought I would stop by and say "hi" to all of my train buds!

Andy

interurban

Hi Andy nice to hear from you :D
The railway is always there for you, good job it`s low mintenance;)
Get the loot while you can:p

Railery

Hi Andy, glad u are doing good. mmm with all those new engines coming out u might be getting ur self maybe one or two. :D

kf4jqd

Thanks!

Thanks for all the remarks. I did run my trains. But I broke my Athean bay caboose. Fell off the table. So I went back to bed and took a nap!:eek:

Andy

Drew1125

Good to hear from you again, Andy!
Sorry about the caboose...:(
Hey, do what the real RR's do...cut it up & make something else out of it!

shamus

Registered Member
Hiya Andy, nice to see you back at it again
shamus
waver.gif

Drew1125

Oh...one more thing Andy...
After you've "bashed" that caboose into something else, you could enter it into the sitbasing contest they're having here!
:cool: :) :cool:

kf4jqd

Caboose

Thanks Guys! I was able to "fix" the caboose. Now I found out that Athearn has discontued it and I can't find it anywhere!:mad:

Andy

Bob Collins

Great to have you back on board Andy.

How about filling in for me while I take a trip and will be away from the puter for about a month.

I'm leaving the end of thr week for Kiwi Country and OZ. Who knows, I may run into Woodie in a Brisbane pub. You just never know about those sorts of things.

Anyway, glad to see you are alive and well and I look forward to seeing your postings in the future.

Bob

marty w.

Welcome back Andy,

I have not been around much also. I too have been working 7 days/week on a new project.

Bob - have a great trip.

Marty

Russ Bellinis

Re: Caboose

Originally posted by kf4jqd
Thanks Guys! I was able to "fix" the caboose. Now I found out that Athearn has discontued it and I can't find it anywhere!:mad:

Andy

Athearn doesn't discontinue any of their regular line of rolling stock. They have such a large variety of cars that they can't produce everything all of the time. What they do is rotate production. If your caboose is currently out of production, it will come back. They have done this for many years dating back to when Irv was still alive and running the company. The one change they made according to the Athearn rep I spoke to at a train show a couple of months ago is to publish on their web site the production schedule for this year.

kf4jqd

Athearn

Thanks Russ for the information. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to replace on of my favorit rolling stock!

Andy

Off topic, but I was reminded by Bob's post that I, too, will be in Australia at the same time (we're going to the Rotary Convention), and I sure hope we run into each other -- and Woodie too.

Bob: Best place to catch me is probably at the ICUFR booth.

Bob Collins

David;

I certainly plan to stop by the booth and if you aren't around at the time I'll leave a note or keep checking back looking for you. Look forward to meeting you and putting a name with a face.

Apparently Woodie frequents a pub on either Tuesday or Thursday evening to play trivial pursuit. So far I haven't been successful is prying the name of the pub from him. His lips are sealed. I may work on him some this week to see what I might learn:D :D

Bob

Still Alive and Headed for Australia

Bob:

Keep me posted if you are able to pry anything out of Woodie. Maybe we could all try a little of that Trivial Pursuit, although I'm out of practice. Haven't done it for a year, at least.