sticky carb

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by dudex, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudex

dudex Member

I recently ported my .12tr motor and ported the carb to get a better venturi effect. I took it completely apart when i ported it and cleaned it afterwards, so there is no debri in it. When i drive my car and get it to full throttle, the carb sometimes sticks at full throttle and even braking doesnt help. I know its not the electronics because it only does it when the engine is on and at full throttle. I have slide carb by the way. The only thing I could think of was at full throttle the barrel is pulled about 2-3 millimeters farther than the edge of the opening, and this might be causing eddies of air to form, and since I ported it and the air is rushing by much faster now, there is enough force to keep the carb open. If anyone has any suggestions or has had this problem please let me know.
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

pull the carb back off and manually pull it out to WOT, see if it is binding. Did you clamp it down while you ported it, is so you could have warped it. By the way, why are you porting the carb anyway, there are many ways to get more power out of an engine than going to drastic messures and just causing more tuning headaches down the road. And no, the rushing by will not cause the carb to stay open. Also try adjusting the EPA on your radio so not to pull throttle open so much.
  3. dudex

dudex Member

I think its an electrical prob, because I put a .21 in and it did the same thing, but again only did it when I revved up. so i think the vibration of the motor is causing something to loosen. havent checked to see what yet though.
  4. Try to take the carb apart again, just the carb. nLook at the manual to see if you did something wrong
  5. dudex

dudex Member

I know i put it together right and lke i said it did the same thing with another engine I put on their. Its just wierd because it only glitches once the motor has hit about 15,000 rpm's.
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

A glitch will not lock the throttle WO unless the servo is bad or the linkage is binding at WOT. If it is glitching then check for metal to metal contact, check all linkage without it running and see if all works smooth.
  7. My hole car twitches when metal contacts somethin too
  8. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

what is WOT ??
  9. mastmec

mastmec Member

wide open throttle
  10. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

oh, ok

thank you
Thread Status: