Steyr RSO/01

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Daimyo, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Hello. As far as I know there's no paper model of this interesting vehicle yet, so I've decided to design one myself. I use 3ds max. Little details are still missing but it's almost ready for printing.

2. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

Looks very good, I can't wait to see the finished product!
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Very nice! How long did it take you to design this? Please take pictures as you build and share them with us. We love pictures!
  4. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Thank you for your kind comments. I made this in 6 days in December, but stopped because I'm also building a StuG, which consumes a lot of time. Now I'm preparing a cabin testing print, to see if all the edges connect correctly. Here's a render of how it should look..

5. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

i think ralf J has done one in 1/72 already, but it is an interesting model....
  6. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Well this one will be in 1/25. Here's the interior:

7. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Hello Daimyo , first I want to say that your are building a great model.
    I have a naive question: It is possible to unfold the model by using the 3d studio max or did you use another program for unfolding? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  8. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Thank you. You can do unfolding with Unwrap UVW modifier, but to save the unfolded parts to a file I use Texporter plug-in. I'm sure there are other plug-ins for this purpose as well.
  9. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

ok , thank's for the info.
  10. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Cabin exterior. I didn't try to cut and glue it perfectly so there are some gaps between some parts, but generally everything fits OK. Will have to lower the interior top and simplify some areas though. Not much modelling left till the final model, the harder part for me will be the texturing.
  11. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Some new/corrected parts:

12. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Corrected engine cover:

13. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

very nice detail and great conceptualization.
  14. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

I've always loved the supply trucks and other "schleppers", especially the Opel Maultier and the Steyr.

You are really doing an outstanding job with this one, my hat is off to you! :)
  15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Interesting little vehicle indeed... I imagine there would be a lot of different bodies or addons for a vehicle like this, do you plan to make anything like that?
  16. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes there were many versions using this drivetrain: an open topped version, anti-tank version and many others. Even such a prototype existed!

Making another body version is possible, but I'd like to finish this one first and then everything's possible.

Meanwhile bodywork is almost finished:

17. lriera

lriera Member

A very interesting model. And a great design. Waiting to see more progresses.
  18. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Wow!! rare model and great design skill. very very good.. nice :) :thumb:

19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I love those tracks!!
  20. Daimyo

Daimyo Member

Thanks guys, I hope it looks as good in reality. I completed the engine and parts connecting to it. Next is cabin fitting parts and some small things in the suspension.