Stewart Hobbies Diesels ??

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Gary S., Oct 20, 2005.

1. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Does anyone have experience with Stewart Hobbies? Would you recommend them?
  2. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Yes and yes. I have their FT's and I love them. They run smooth and pull well.

3. brakie

brakie Active Member

I have a Baldwin S12 switcher.while its a mighty smooth runner and looks great once you add the details..Sadly mine had a sight glitch..The front truck keep derailing going through my Atlas #4 switches. :( Thankfully it was a very easy fix..The pickup wire on the lead truck was binding the truck causing it to derail..I simply reposition the wire.. :D
  4. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Thanks for the info. The LHS has several on sale for 1/2 price! May have to pick one up.
  5. jaijef

jaijef New Member

RE:stewart hobbies

I have a Stewart Hobbies FT and F7 set for the SSW/Cotton Belt RR and I do recommend them highly.
    They are some of the strongest pullers on my model railroad,however they are pretty heavy too.
  6. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

What stewart locos are half price?
  7. caellis

caellis Member

Have a Stewart S-12 using a Lenz Gold-JST decoder. It is very smooth! Detail quite good.
  8. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

They are on a "sale" shelf at the LHS. Mostly switch engines. These had a suggested retail of $115 and they are asking $65, not quite half price.
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

, and they run well with Athearn Genesis F's! I have a Stewart FT A and B with an Athearn Genesis F, painted in WP silver and black. They run very,very well!