Stevensons Rocket

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by COLL, Feb 9, 2002.

1. COLL

COLL New Member

WANDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME?? PLEASE! I AM FROM SOMERSET IN THE UK AND I AM LOOKING FOR A STEVENSONS ROCKET MODEL. ONE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, WITH TRACK AND COACHES (EXCUSE ME IF IM VAGUE BUT I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT IT-ITS FOR MY BOYFRIEND WHO HAD ONE UNTIL HIS EX WIFE SOLD IT). IT WAS ABOUT 3-4' LONG WITH THE TWO COACHES AND BOXED. I KNOW THEY ARE QUITE RARE BUT WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!! THANX VERY MUCH.
  2. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Welcome COLL,
    Working models of the Stevenson Rocket is or was recently made by Hornby/ Triang in the UK.
    To my knowlege they are still available. To locate a source, your best bet would be to buy a copy of an English model railway magazine and look through the adverts in it.
    Alternatively, use the Internet search engine "Ask Jeeves" to search in UK only for "Train stores", "model railway stores" etc. This should provide possible sources. You may have a lot of phoning to do!
    I hope this is of some help to you.
    Errol
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Coll, and welcome to the gauge.
    As I am also from the UK, you might try the shop I visit every week for the rocket.
    http://www.shrewsburymodels.co.uk/
    If they have one and you want it, perhaps I can help.

Shamus
    [​IMG]
  4. COLL

COLL New Member

THANK YOU SHAMUS & KETTLESTACK FOR THE REPLY TO MY RECENT POST RE: STEVENSONS ROCKET-THINK I'VE GOT LOTS OF SURFING TO DO TO FIND ONE BUT I'LL GET THERE!!!! THANKS ONCE AGAIN!:) :)