Steven King-ish thoughts

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by MacHine13of13, Jun 22, 2006.

1. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

Any ideas concerning "Christine" the 1958 Plymouth Belvedere or the truck from "Dual" or the go-cart-like "Silver Bullet" or any of the trucks from "Maxium Overdrive" or the car Charlie Sheen drove in "The Wraith"? How abought Berretta's "Ol Grey Ghost" or Columbo's old beater? :oops:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Go cart like "Silver bullet"? are you talking about a car, or like the "Coors silver bullet" aircraft, which was a BD 5 and an aircraft that would make a great model., be it the Jet version or the prop driven version.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  3. rowiac

rowiac Member

This is something I've been working on for quite a while, but have not found time to finish...the Peterbilt 351 from "Duel". I just saw the movie again the other day on TV.

Attached Files:

4. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

I was meaning the "go Kart", as the idea that struck me was vehicles from horror (King) type of movie/tv shows, as well as a few detective types.

But, you are sharp to recall that "stunt" micro jet had the same name: WTG!

If you get that 351 rolling--- SWEET!, esp if "aged" as in the movie... (Guess it's the ol' guy thing) LMAO

Thanks, ~Mac

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Mac, (cool name by the way, its my middle name lol)

The reason that the corrs silver bullet is forever stuck in my mind and the fact that it was a BD 5 is that when I was a teenager, a good friend of mines father, who happened to be a local dentist, built a prop driven BD 5 in his ENCLOSED patio.
    He completed the entire aircraft inside the patio, painting included and even test fired the engine once while the plane was still enclosed in his "house".
    There was a running joke in the nieghborhood that he had either sniffed too much aviation fuel or laughing gas because he had to rip out one wall of his patio to get the plane out, then he also had to take up about 15 ft of chain link fence to get the thing out of his back yard.
    He went on to fly the plane several times from the local airport which was only about 4 miles away and then he sold it so he could buid a "weedhopper" which is an ultralight aircraft. That aircraft he flew many times over the nieghborhood until one day he crashed it on landing, breaking several bones and setting his wifes mouth in motion, which in turn caused him to give up building his own aircraft. Now he owns a Bonanza 4 seat, V tail light plane.
    Anyway, I know I have rambled enough, just thought I would share the reasoning behind why I remember the silver bullet.

Have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW
  6. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

Hey, Greg...

I just saw where you're from... Close to Highway 67? Hell, we oughta try to do some of the vehicles that have graced Stagecoach Road and the "Castle" or, even better, something from the Burt Reynolds movie "White Lightning", which was filmed along the Saline River and in "Downtown" Benton, as well as at the Pulaski County Line in the Benton Speed Bowl.

Yep, I used to live in LR and in Saline County along both the Pulaski and Hot Spring County Lines.

"Mac" is my nick-name... from Macky, which is my middle name. And Greg is the name of my favorite son, even if he is a "stepson".

Paper Models and us... MUST BE A SMALL WORLD, eh? LMAO

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Again Mac,

Yep, lived here all my life. I work for Central Maloney which makes transformers (the power distribution kind, not the robots), I am the reason your lights go out. (Now you know who to blame lol).
    Anyway, Yeah it is a small world, I dont get to frequent Little Rock often, except recently to get epidural shots in my neck, I have another one scheduled week after next.
    Speaking of Stagecoach Rd, I have an aubt that lives there and her brother, my uncle is who I am named after....Mac.
    Anyway, Good to make your aquaintence, I need to get off here for now, my neck is killing me, I will be back with another posting soon I am sure.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW