Stepping down as Admin

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by cgutzmer, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to let everyone know that I am stepping down as an Admin here. My main reason for doing so is that I want to take more time to develop my business. I plan on moving to France sometime in the next year or so and my site is doing well as a hobby but I hope to turn it into a business that I can rely upon for at least a steady income of some sort. It wont be our main income but it will help supplement us through the transitions!

I have lots of things I hope to do for the card model hobby. Not the least of which is to try and bring us out of the shadows and get us recognized as a more major player. Given the rising cost of plastic and the economy right now, I think this is the time to try and make a move towards this goal.

I wanted to send out a special thanks to all the staff and members here making this a place I liked to call home for many years. I hold a great amount of respect for all of you. I will also still be around as a member though so don't think I am riding off into the sunset.

I will be staying on as an admin for a week if its desired by Crowdgather so a suitable replacement can be found.
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hey man Best of luck and thanks for all your efforts in promoting our hobby

John John
  3. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I hope this won't mean a diminished presence on the site, Chris. I wish you all the best of luck in the world and even greater success with the site!
  4. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

:-oNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry: don´t do this:-x Who should upload my models?:wink:
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Any mod or admin can approve them! I have been putting your large files up on my personal server and linking them to the downloads area. Its way easier for me that way. I can continue to do this for you. :) I will just need someone else to approve them ;)

Chris - I will still be around, it just wont be my primary focus, besides, its not like I have built anything worth mentioning in about a year... I am working on some rockets for my kids (making them real flying model rockets) and the haunted mansion game for my son so will post up pics when I get something done :)

John John - Thanks! I love the hobby and I love the people involved with it so its a no brainer to try to bring it mainstream! :D
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

You're a class act Chris! Best wishes for success in all your future endeavors, especially
  7. angevine

angevine Member

All the best in all you do and thank you for all your efforts and time with this forum.

8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Best of luck. I hope the business works out for you as an additional income - you can also look into buying Paper Models International ;>)

I'm sorry that I still haven't completed the Corsair beta. This past year has been very rough and I kept putting the model aside. 2009 doesn't look much better (just got layed off this week), but I'm trying to get back into modeling here and there and just bought the incredible X-15 from your site. With regards to rockets, I did build a rocket for my brother this year, a scratchbuild of the old Centuri ESS Raven.

9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks Elliot - I will do my best!

Angevine - Not a problem, it was my pleasure :)

Bob - no worries there, know why? I printed it myself and HATED the color... It looked nothing like it showed on my old monitor...

I am going to be recoloring it again, its supposed to be more of a night flyer type plane so it should be much darker. I still have one of the lightning bolts a pixel or three off that you pointed out in your build :)

Keep an eye out on my site, when its done it will be made available - prolly a cheap sale model :) possibly even free.
  10. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

all the best chris sorry to hear this been good having you as admin best of luck with ecardmodels and the move to france have to let me know where abouts only a ferry away from you in the u.k
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Good luck Chris. I hope you enjoy France, and as col.kurtz says, we are only a ferry ride away. I quite fancy a visit to France.
  12. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Let me add my thanks for your dedication to this forum, and my best wishes for your future move and ventures. I hope it goes well and smoothly for you.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Colonel and Paul - I will let ya know! We will be in the Marseille area so you can bring down the high speed train :)

Mark, it likely wont go smoothly but thankfully I have many great people along with me for the ride, both designers and people that want to help behind the scenes :)
  14. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

Love ever thing you did for me man gook luck man keep it up:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  15. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Chris, thanks for all you have done here. You know who I am, please stay in touch. Looking forward to helping you in anyway I can on your ecardmodels sight. As always, my best to you, my friend.
  16. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Thanks for all your work here! And good luck in France!

I really like your ideas about card modeling, and I'm looking forward to see where you take them. All the best to you and your family. :)
  17. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

i hope your card mode sales are sucessfull

hopefully you will host the european cardmodel invitational soon after arriving, sign1

best of luck over there.

and sell lots of kits!
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks guys! I appreciate the well wishes :) With so many great people in the hobby I think the chances of success have a sunny outlook, it will be fun getting there anyway for sure!
  19. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Chris, good luck and best wishes to you and your family for the move and the new start.

Thanks for all your help, support and encouragement here both as a fellow card modeller and as a fellow admin/moderator, your presence here will definitely be missed.

Once again, Thanks and best wishes. :thumb:
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks Jaffro, I will still be around, just not in the same capacity - any questions feel free to ask! Might be a while before we move, this is just preparation ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.