steering servo problems

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

i just bought a metal geer steering servo not to long ago its a hitec HS 645. i broke and then replaced the one gear that was stripped. i put it all back together correctly and now when i try to turn it with my hands it wont move and its stuck. ive tried it when its pluged in and when its not. I dont want to try to use my remote because it might stripp again any suggestion any thing will help. Thanx Luke
  2. tnx

tnx Member

maybe something got stuck in between? or maybe u dhouls oil it a bit? im not sure, but im getting the same servo and ill have a look into it when i get it.

Tim
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i say take it apart and check out the gears. maybe one of them are a bit out of place. like maybe one slide up or down
  4. rustler

rustler Member

nope i tried everything i even looked at my old steering servo and everything was in place and all of the gunk is out of it
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

as it was said is it oiled/lubed? metal VS metal isent good. You wouldn't use ur car without oil would ya? If nothing seems to work take it to your LHS and if that fails go to hitec, email them or call them and see wha they say.
  6. tnx

tnx Member

ye, do that, if your LHS cant fix it, email hitec, put some pictures with it so they know whats going on. and that way they might send u a new 1, coz they see theres nothing wrong with the servo.
  7. rustler

rustler Member

problem fixed. I found out i needed a new case for the servo because a peice of the metal rod was stuck inside one of the holes. So now get this i fix it up and everything, it worked great the steering was perfect. THen about two hours ago i'm out messin around with it and the steering stops. I wasnt jumping at all. at first it started only letting me steer right, then i couldnt steer at all. The batteries were new to so that wasnt it. It made the sound like it may of been trying to turn but it wouldnt even budge any one know what the problem could be? Thanks
  8. tnx

tnx Member

argh, this is getting wierd...to be hoinest i have no clue what the problem could be...how bout thw wiring, are all the wiers connected properly, and do the function correctly. im just blind shooting here....
  9. rustler

rustler Member

yea they have to be because this has happened twice on two servos there could have been a possibility for the first one to have a bad connection but then to get a bran new one and that have a bad connection i just dont think that would be likely do you agree?
  10. tnx

tnx Member

ye of course, but i have no idea what it could be, maybe bad connections in the reciever? did u call ur LHS yet?
  11. rustler

rustler Member

yea thats the one who helped me figure out that i needed to get a new case.... it just broke today so i probably wont get to the HS for a couple of days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.