steering servo?? high speed or high torque

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by daytondaft, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey,
    i am looking to get a hitec steering servo 4 my rc10gt what is the difference of a high speed and high torque servo which is better??? i use the truck mostly 4 bashing but i am getting into the racing scene??

thanks,
    Dayton
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok for a high torque servo it is made for steering set ups and require more force to pull and push the tires, such as 1/8 scale buggys and monster trucks. High speed servos are good for steering set ups that need to be steered fast. You would want a high speed servo for the gt, or possibly a standerd.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

High speed servo might work for a stock setup , but I'd say go for a digital high torque servo. generally speaking a high speed servo would be more practicle for a 1/10 touring car , When selecting a servo try and go with one that has metal gears and digital you'll pay a little more but It'll last you longer. Just my 2 cents. Red
  4. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

5. redheat

redheat Member

thats the same one that I have on both my TMaxx and RC10GT for steering, it would be over kill for throttle. Speaking of your gt what other after market stuff do you have on it ?
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Day , correction I have the 5645mg High Torque @ 168oz of torque not high speed, RED
  7. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

i got aluminum a-arms, shock towers, aftermarket shocks, wheels, rims, magnum receiver, the whole package.............. how bought u?????

why would it be overkill for the throttle when it is a steering servo???

how is the servo u have??, is it capable for racing and bashing?

thanks,
    Dayton
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Generally speaking the throttle /brake servo is not as powerfol as the steering servo. Steering servo requires more torque to turn the the tires. The 5645 high torque servo that I use in the gt and TMaxx are great , The perform flawlessly. As far as upgrades I have a couple Proline bodys, wasp.18 motor , 3 cvr.12 motors, 4 different sets of Proline tires and rims,RPM arms , hump pack 2, servos, MX3 radio, filter, and some small things that I've done to the chassis Integy shocks, springs , all sealed bearings, 2 trannys, any way you get the picture, loks like you have some really awsome stuff done to yours also . I really think that the GT is one of the best ST on the market.
  9. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey redheat,
    where did u get ur 5645 high torque servo, can i get a link?

but isnt tat servo for planes cause it has the round thing on it instead of a servo horn?
  10. redheat

redheat Member

I picked mine up at my LHS or you can purchase one from Tower Hobbies there under 50.bux. Try your LHS first they might give you a better deal. The servo comes with about 4 or 5 different arms that you can pick from, RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.