Steering problem question

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by driftaddict, Sep 10, 2006.

1. driftaddict

driftaddict New Member

ok, im kind of a newbie to RCs so i dont know much about them. I just started drifting with RC a little while back and i noticed that something is wrong with my steering. because of that problem i'm having difficulties drifting. What im dealing with is:

When i drift left, my car slides the way i want it to. Not to much oversteer and not to much understeer. When i depress the throttle all the way and turn left at max speed the car starts to slide and causes understeer but never spinning out (like a very big/wide drift) I like that.

The problem is: When i turn right my car has too much oversteer causing me to spin out. (i know thats how a real car drifts but i find it difficult to control it with countersteer and it always ends up spinning around) The i depress the throttle all the way and turn right my car does a complete 360. I dont like that. I want my right turns like my left; a little understeer but not too much, and oversteer and minimum.

I was wondering if there is a way to fix that by tuning something in the car. I alreayd tried setting the angle of the wheel on the remote, i didnt help. I know this was a bit confusing but if anyone can help that'd be great.

thanks in advance.
  2. Kenji_Sasaki

Kenji_Sasaki Member

ahh many problems can be the cause of this.....

to reduce this;

make sure the camber ( if adjustable) is the same on both sides, make sure the steering travel is the same on both sides, make sure there is not obstuctions in the diff movement, lock your rear diff and lock your front if you want to totally elmininate this. locking the front will reduce its handling in tight courses