Steamrunner Class Build Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumfalsehood

The problem is best illustrated by this pic:

IMG_1732.jpg

It's yours obviously, but you can see where they don't quite match up.

Paragon

Ah, yes. Well unlike my build, I would suggest you slide yours down to fit agains the bottom. Like I said before, that will be covered by the top of the saucer, so I don't see it as a very big deal.

Also, the bottom of my saucer came out slightly curved. Make sure you're using the updated version I sent you though.

Millenniumfalsehood

A little bit Paragon, but I don't want to post anything until it's finished, so I can give a full report. :) Our Church did this prom alternative today, so I've been rather busy helping out with that.

Paragon

Just checking in to see if any of you guys had finished your test builds yet.

When I get home I'll upload some pictures of my newest touch-ups; Billy's Class 2 (aka Type 9) Shuttle (VOY), and Ninjatoes' "Chaffee" shuttlecraft (DS9).

I also tried uploading my new Jem'Hadar Attack Ship to the dowload section, but it didn't work, so we'll see about making that available.

hi man i can't wait to you upload the steamrunner ship and the jem hader ship please do it man love your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

BolianAdmiral

This is pretty cool... the Steamrunner-Class is my favorite of the FC ships. Is this model still available? I'd love to try one out.

S

Starship Builder

were building them to make sure theres no problems then it will go to the download section

Paragon

Just a quick note: I had trouble attaching the engines to the back without doing some folding to the grey parts next to the impulse engines. I've added a scoreline there that was on the original model, which should make things much easier in the future. The line should be diagonal, from the upper inner corner to the middle of the bottom.

Also note that the engine wraparounds are slightly too small. This will also be fixed. And yes, I know I forgot the tabs for the engines. What is the general consensus on tabs? Would you all prefer them, or not, like the Akira?

On other fronts: I've finished my Chaffee and Type 9 shuttle re-touches, and I hope to make them available with Billy 81's permission, and Ninjatos' permission. I'm also working on a touch-up of Ninjatos' Delta Flyer (despite the alternative available from Nothing). I currently plan to touch up Ninjatos' Danube class (runabout), and Billy 81's Type 11 Shuttle (the Enterprise-E shuttle). The Delta Flyer and Danube Class will both take longer than the others.

I'd really like to create an Argo model (the shuttle, not the buggy), but I think it might be beyond me. We'll see. I'd definitely like to encourage anyone interested in tackling it. Sci-Fi Meshes has a nice example of it I think.

Indy500Lee

Excellent model build, I was wondering in your instructions you say, that you use a clamp to hold parts together, but in you pics, I see no clamps being used... could you show us a example?? Thank you again!!!

Lee:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.