Steam power & Civil War weekend

On the upcoming weekend of Sept. 21 the Chickamauga Battlefield will have it's annual rememberence of the two day battle that took place here. There will be demostrations, re-enactments and various other things going on.

Along with that, on Sat. the Tennessee Valley RR museum will be sending one of thier steam loco's to Chickamauga for an extended layover for the event. I assume it will be consolidation #610.
Just Thought I'd let ya'll know.

t.

cidchase

Hi t.
Sounds like a great event!! #610 is da bomb!! I think that weekend is the GATS in Little Rock so I'm headed in the opposite direction. Do you ever visit the Chatt. Depot hobby shop in East Ridge?? Pretty neat place, lots of detail accessories u can't live without, if you know what I mean. :D :D

From Olive Branch,

Vic

Darn It!:mad: I've already bought tables for that week-end for an amateur radio meet or I would be there!!! Can't get my money back but I tried!!!

Wouldn't it be great if they could "roll out" The General from down at Kennesaw for this event!!!:) :) :)

Vic, bringing the General up here, That would be a wonderfull thing! It might even cause a traffic jam in the little town of Chickamauga.
I'll be working Saturday so I'm going to miss it myself :mad:. I'll be across the road Sunday though. Our house is in the battlefield's boundries.

A few yrs ago the engine came by with a couple of flatcars full of Confederate's when they passed by they gave me a Rebel yell :D :cool: .

t.

Vic

T, Sorry you won't be there either. Don't forget to fly The Stars and Bars:) :D :D :D ....Yeeeeeee Haaaaaa!!!!:D :D :D