Steam, DCC and my weird A$$ thouts

vilefileman

Dec 11, 2004
You ever sit and wonder, and come up with these things you want to post here, only to forget by the time you get here?
I have 2.
One, I made the move from HO to N, and I love the challenge, and I would like to know what if anyone lese has jumped and what the felt like after?
Two, in going with that, How many of you were NON DCCers who dswitched to it, and those who didnt, why? My reasoning is simple, I had over 300 NON DCC engines in HO< and I now have about 103 NON DCC engines in N. I couldnt soder that much If I wanted.
And finally, Ive seen pictures of many older Deisel's that were repainted, sitting and rotting , etc, but my god, what happened to all the old steam? I know some have been preserved, but even in the 50 and 60's, when diesels were taking over, where did they put them? I know a few got sold to private railways, loggers, etc, but ok, what happened to the UP's Big Boys and all the 2-8-8-2's and 4-6-6-4's?

V

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I went the opposite direction. N to HO. But there was a time before the Big D(and I don't mean Dallas) that I was doing both. When I started in N, there really wasn't all that much available, so I went to straight HO. Now..As mentioned in an earleir post, with all the great stuff thats coming out in N, I'm sorry I switched......NOT!
Still straight DC..Can't say on that point.

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
There are only 8 remaining big boys left...one of which is located in Steamtown USA. At least that is what the ranger said when he was taking me for my tour.

77Railer

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
When I started planning, I had some HO track sections, about 6 pieces of rolling stock and two buildings.

Quickly I learned to do anything, beyond a circle of track, I needed either more real estate or small tracks. :D

Since I am in an aprtment and the lady next door might mind if I put a hole in the wall and used her spare bedroom as my layout expansion room, sign1 I decided to go N Scale.

I am glad I went N Scale, but it is harder than HO, however, I love a challenge. :thumb:

The layout is 1900, so all steam, so far I have 4 locomotives, looking for some more. I wish I could put DCC in an N Scale 4-4-0 :D , but no room, so I am using DC-Cab Control. The layout has a total of 36 blocks.