Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by zathros, Feb 3, 2016.

1. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

I lost a hard drive when a fresh install of Windows 8.1 on a new machine I built this weekend wiped out both hard drives instead of just the one I was putting the O.S. on. I lost massive amounts of work.

Rhaven, I just happened to back this up, and it was the final version, not the working file, because that was unfolded, and that was like 5 hours of work down the drain, but you asked, and by some miracle, she lives! It took me 2 hours to find it because I had named it "New Folder". I finally searched .3dm, and there she was.

Since I started the Balilla I have been working with Tonino on was on my main computer (the new one is an 8 core 16 G of ram, R290 Radeon with 4G's of Ram monster) those files were untouched, and I may have back ups of Laura on it.

But I have this, and that's 95% of what I needed to do for the StealthStar. :)

2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I am glad that you did not lose anything! I am looking forward seeing both of these coming to fruition.
  3. Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker Well Established Member

Z - glad you were able to resurrect some of the info. Hard drive crashes always bite. :exterminate:

The stealthstar looks really hot! :) Looking forward to the build some day.

Sky Seeker
  4. zathros

I have prior commitments so it will be a while on that one. Thank you for your compliments though. I really don't know what is going to be the storage permanent media, or if there ever is going to be. :)
  5. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Oh please continue with this model! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
  6. zathros

I don't know why people like this model so much?
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Simply because it is part of BSG and there is only one plastic model of it and the company charges far more than what it is really worth. So both the Stealthstar and the Blackbird (Laura) would be a GREAT addition to the BSG collection. Not only that, but they would be very sought after models (especially if they have a complete cockpit interior and landing gear).
    Sky Seeker and lyter1958 like this.
  8. Kjev

Kjev Member

Because it looks cool, and we know you'll do a great job with it.
    Sky Seeker likes this.
  9. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

i am a new fan , within the last year, of both bsg's, and i think your stealthstar is great!!
    Sky Seeker likes this.
  10. zathros

Gee willikers :sticktongue:
  11. Rhaven Blaack

I have thought that this is a really cool looking craft (as well as the Blackbird).
  12. johnmiic

johnmiic New Member

That looks excellent! It doesn't seem to fit with the Vipers but still great.
  13. zathros

It is the first Stealth Viper used after the first Cylon War. It was in the New BSG series.
    johnmiic likes this.
  14. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

I forget the episode, was it a pilot that flew and excursion over the enemy lines and actually started the cylon war? and then they let him break out with programming to kill Adama?
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    johnmiic likes this.
  15. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

To me, this would look fantastic as a plane that Batman would use too. You did an amazing job on it, would be a cool kick-ass model!
  16. Jadriancz

Jadriancz New Member

Because it's cool.. I am a BSG fan as well, tho I prefer the ToS over the new series, but hey BSG is BSG!
    Sky Seeker likes this.
  17. zathros

Yes, he violated the cease fire, under orders, though they knew an attack was coming. He was one of Adama's best friends, and a Top Notch Pilot, by then, they had been infiltrated, not that they saw the ship, they knew about the mission beforehand. Stealth does not blind an eye from seeing.

Thanks for the compliments. It would take me another 5 to 10 hours to unfold, though everything does, as I unfold as I build, but I lost the unfolded model, and would have to start that process again, and I just don't have the time. I want too. I have 5 or so models at this stage. It's very time consuming, and running this forum is too. :)
  18. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Pilots name was Daniel Novacek, call sign bulldog, from episode called Hero, season 3 episode 8. I thought this was one of the best episodes from season 3.
    johnmiic likes this.
  19. zathros

Thanks Paul, I though that was a great Episode too. That was why I made the CAD model :)
  20. johnmiic

johnmiic New Member

Oh yeah. Tigh said in this episode that Galactica was supposed to be Adama's "honorable" retirement. Adama was commander of the Valkyre when this guy initially flew his mission.
  21. zathros

That one episode really set the stage for what happened. They were a day late and a dollar short. On the other hand, the Cylons went too far too fast. I still think that everyone involved got "Trumped".****

***Yes, it's a political reference, :)
    Sky Seeker likes this.